VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 3, 2017, 02:15 PM

Disclosure: I have never played this game. I'm sure everyone knows that 227 Bass Practice is the melody from the original LoZ's "Dungeon", while "Piano Practice" is from LoZ's menu/continue music. 228 Drum Practice is a rythmic version of "Cave" from LttP.

Are 229 and 230 (same music) and their reiterations from something (other than MM) I'm not aware of?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Are 229 and 230 (same music) and their reiterations from something (other than MM) I'm not aware of?
Not really, those are just short versions of The Indigo-Go's concert song but the music is original from Majora's Mask (sorry for the late reply).
Old Dec 11, 2017, 09:22 PM

Cr*p, sold for 20$ ???
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/253305655001
let me cry in my corner
Old Dec 13, 2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Cr*p, sold for 20$ ???
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/253305655001
let me cry in my corner
I wouldn't lose sleep over that unless you're a collector, because honestly you should go for the newer print that released with the 3DS version as it has more loops on some tracks plus the new credits theme.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 08:40 PM

I have two questions
1- Are we sure that the GENEON print is the later print?
2- Why does the GENEON print get rid of all Pioneer branding on the printed materials, but keeps it on the discs?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 01:41 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
I have two questions
1- Are we sure that the GENEON print is the later print?
2- Why does the GENEON print get rid of all Pioneer branding on the printed materials, but keeps it on the discs?
1. Yes, because GENEON didn't exist until October 2003 (two months after the original release).
2. PIONEER LDC ceased to exist when it was renamed to GENEON ENTERTAINMENT in October 2003. However, PIONEER LDC still appears as the copyright holder on both the disc and the back probably because the rights weren't formally transferred until a later date.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 05:25 PM

thanks for clearing that up
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
I wouldn't lose sleep over that unless you're a collector, because honestly you should go for the newer print that released with the 3DS version as it has more loops on some tracks plus the new credits theme.
And this old album has absolutely atrocious sequencing that ruined some tracks. Listen to how they butchered "Termina Field" here, then go back to the game or the 3DS soundtrack to see how it should actually sound.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 05:04 AM

This may be off topic, but why does this page have the Romaji title displayed instead of the English one (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Original Soundtrack)? Has it always been like that? It looks kinda weird as the other Zelda albums are displayed with English title. Just a random note.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
This may be off topic, but why does this page have the Romaji title displayed instead of the English one (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Original Soundtrack)? Has it always been like that? It looks kinda weird as the other Zelda albums are displayed with English title. Just a random note.
The game's English title used to be in the display title (line 1). cal changed this in April 2021. If I had to take a guess, they probably ruled the Japanese name "Mujura" to be different enough from "Majora". Which I agree with, as "Mujura" supposedly comes from mixing syllables from the film title "Jumanji" and the art director's name Imamura. Etymologically, "Majora" seems to be closer to words like "major", "majestic" etc.

So line 1 makes sense to me. But I'm not so clear on whether line 4 should *always* include the official English game title as sort of a semi-official translation of the album title. Here it does (but note that the US printing isn't called "Original Soundtrack" but "Game Music Soundtrack CD Set"). Same deal for Akumajo Dracula Mokushiroku. And Resident Evil.

On Biohazard 2 which also has regionally different game titles, there is no line 4 saying "Resident Evil 2 Original Soundtrack" although a European printing with that exact title exists. Same for Dairantou Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS / for Wii U (although the rest of the album title is a bit different).

On Tenchi Souzou which yet again has regionally different game titles, line 4 says "Terranigma Creative Soundtracks" although there is no non-Japanese printing.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 04:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
As noted it was indeed changed last year, to what it should've been ages ago according to general site policy to use the romanized name if there's no English title printed on the album. You should find on the other albums that do use the English title that it can be found somewhere on it
Old Jan 18, 2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
As noted it was indeed changed last year, to what it should've been ages ago according to general site policy to use the romanized name if there's no English title printed on the album. You should find on the other albums that do use the English title that it can be found somewhere on it
I see. Thank you very much for the clarification. So, only official English album titles, no "literal translations" anymore (even if the game itself is localized)?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 03:35 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Literal translations of game titles without official translations have been explicitly banned for even longer! Official localized titles were standard at the beginning, but we eventually moved away from that years and years ago; there just happen to be albums like this that were never adjusted. Note that this is just for album display titles; localized titles are fine to put on an alternate line for searchability (like "Majora's Mask" is here), and for products we've been using the localized title as the display title