VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 5, 2019, 07:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So what do we do when a digital album changes its name and cover? I really don't think that should override the original release information, but I guess we basically do that already when a digital album has tracks added to it and we just change the tracklist instead of creating a new entry.

Keeping the original title and adding a note saying the title was changed isn't great either, because it's only available under the new title now.

Which leaves, uh, making a reprint for the new title and cover and marking the original version as being pulled from distribution? Maybe overriding the info is actually better lmao
Old Jul 8, 2019, 07:55 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You are right; it could get crazy. I'll put the original title in the Alternate Title field.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:57 PM

So what changed over the original? I see the new release date is Sept. 27, 2019.

Also, the link goes to an empty page.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:18 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Only the title and art changed. I updated the entry with the new Bandcamp URL; it was previously available at the same place with the new name, but it has since been moved.

The album's producer, Kevin Pescoran, is listed as a manager for the new label, so this does seem legit, not a scam reupload.