VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 13, 2024, 08:12 PM

Default Ship to Shore Phono Closing, Canceling Albums

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/s...69592984911935

Looks like Ship to Shore, which had been making a lot of VGM vinyls, is shutting down effective immediately. This means that the last 5 TMNT vinyls will not be released, and preorders will be refunded.

Not sure if that means they can officially be assigned "canceled" status in VGMdb quite yet, but definitely be aware if you ordered them.

Personally, I never buy vinyl--only CDs--so it doesn't affect me, but I imagine it's a dark day for vinyl VGM enthusiasts.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 01:48 AM
Trusted Editor

Ship To Shore were only releasing specific color variants of the TMNT vinyl releases. Limited Run Games is the company behind all of them and they just had a deal with STS for exclusive color variants.

Their FAQ states that the first four titles that went up will still be fulfilled, but the later ones (of which I think only Turtles In Time went up for preorder) will be cancelled. Again, this is only the glow-in-the-dark colorway being cancelled. All the other version from LRG and other distributors are still happening.

EDIT: But yes, still a very sad announcement for VGM vinyl fans. They were one of the longest-running VGM vinyl labels out there and always had an interesting selection of different albums.

Last edited by rpbtz; Apr 15, 2024 at 02:32 AM.