VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:24 PM

Wow, the PCM sample quality is really low on this. At first I thought, oh, well they just used a low samplerate on the drums because they didn't have enough ROM space, but then I ran the game in MAME...worlds of difference. Also, I know it's not just a low quality recording because the FM sounds fantastic. I wonder if the renders from SCDC-00056 are any better? Can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 07:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Can you provide a source for the addition of 'Tohru Nakabayashi' to the composers? thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:37 AM

Yosuke Okunari confirmed Nakabayashi composed the music for Dunk Shot in the booklet of SEGA SYSTEM24 SOUND COLLECTION (see http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php...19&postcount=4).

As for Alien Syndrome, I'm not entirely sure how we know Nakabayashi did the music for that game, but I've seen lots of site pages that say he did its music. Maybe someone found out from a Sega staff member?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 02:31 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yep, Nakabayashi worked on Dunk Shot, although to be 100% accurate we don't know that he did all its music, just that it's something he worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdevilfx View Post
As for Alien Syndrome, I'm not entirely sure how we know Nakabayashi did the music for that game, but I've seen lots of site pages that say he did its music. Maybe someone found out from a Sega staff member?
This is... a good question, hmm. No composer is mentioned in this album for Alien Syndrome (and some other games too). I did a quick skim of the liner notes of other albums in Nakabayashi's discography and couldn't find any mentions of Alien Syndrome, and Yosuke Okunari doesn't seem to have ever mentioned a composer on Twitter either. I have no idea where this came from!

Last edited by CHz; Apr 9, 2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 03:16 PM

The music in Alien Syndrome does sound like his style though (a lot of his tracks in general sound like "Rise From Your Grave" XD). Maybe I'll ask Okunari if he composed the music for that game. I also plan to ask him who composed for Time Scanner (Nakabayashi? Kawakami?), Action Fighter (Hayashi?), along with maybe some other games.

Man, Okunari seems to know almost everything regarding 80's Sega games, despite joining in the mid 90's.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 08:41 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Belated reply, but Nicolaas Hamman pointed out to me that Nakabayashi is credited for Alien Syndrome here, in the liner notes of [VPCG-84273] Sega Arcade Selection D-RAM Remix:
https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=302376