VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 24, 2021, 09:21 PM

Where did someone get the name "Special Soundtrack" from? I own the NA White Snow Edition and it says very clearly on the leaflet "NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... Soundtrack Weiss Edition".
Old Apr 25, 2021, 05:39 PM

Looking further into this, this is clearly labeled wrong on multiple databases. The original press material says "Special Soundtrack" labeled above the soundtrack on the contents picture, but it's clearly just a translation to say "this soundtrack is special". It's not the official title. The material in the leaflet says Weiss Edition. I'm going to update this.
Old May 5, 2021, 01:59 PM

Do these "Weiss Edition Arrangements" actually appear in the Weiss Edition of the game, or are they album-only?
Old May 5, 2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneofyourbusiness View Post
Do these "Weiss Edition Arrangements" actually appear in the Weiss Edition of the game, or are they album-only?
They're just on the album.
Old May 5, 2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJustDontKnowAnymore View Post
They're just on the album.
Thank you.
Old May 17, 2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneofyourbusiness View Post
Thank you.
Actually, incorrect. Each track only has the track name. The album only lists "Weiss Edition Arrangement" and "Another Edit Version" on the CD name at the beginning of the list. I think the question was misunderstood here. Please see the scans I added to the listing (specifically page 01-02).

EDIT: I think I might have misunderstood the question.

To clarify, all songs on this album are arranged from the game's music. So this technically is an arrangement album, not a soundtrack. The Another Edit Versions are slightly changed from the originals (a 'tweak' if you will) and the arrangements are arranged by various other artists.

See the forward on the scans (I believe page 1 of the booklet) to see confirmation of this by Keiichi Okabe and Yoko Taro. Yoko Taro wanted it to be a unique release for people that bought the White Snow edition of the game.

Last edited by Drakonas; May 17, 2021 at 08:17 AM.
Old May 21, 2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonas View Post
EDIT: I think I might have misunderstood the question.

To clarify, all songs on this album are arranged from the game's music. So this technically is an arrangement album, not a soundtrack. The Another Edit Versions are slightly changed from the originals (a 'tweak' if you will) and the arrangements are arranged by various other artists.

See the forward on the scans (I believe page 1 of the booklet) to see confirmation of this by Keiichi Okabe and Yoko Taro. Yoko Taro wanted it to be a unique release for people that bought the White Snow edition of the game.
Yes, IJustDontKnowAnymore interpreted my question correctly, but thank you for the additional detail.