VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:31 AM
Trusted Editor

This thread is old, so I wonder if I can still continue, but I have a few additions:
Megumi Ohashi - MS Igloo and Galaxy Force, though she's grown out of that phase where she was still under Sahashi's wing.
Kazuo Nobuta - I know he might be a bit too old now (especially since 1949), but his work for Dynamic Pro OVA's & other Bandai-associated robot anime productions is just so delightful.
Tatsumi Yano - Same issue as above, but I'd certainly like it if he could make a comeback as well.

Last edited by TheFantomConvoy; Mar 15, 2022 at 04:58 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 09:02 PM

Takeshi Nakatsuka got more anime projects. Great!
I am surprised and glad that he was selected as composer of isekai anime.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 09:44 PM
Trusted Editor

Haven’t heard of that name, tbh.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:00 AM
Trusted Editor

Wanted to revive this thread with another suggestion of mine:
Masayuki Yamamoto and Masaaki Jinbo - Sure, Yamamoto transitioned to mainstream J-Pop music back in the 80s and still is today, but would it be crazy to have a comeback, despite their age, probably for a reboot/remake of a Tatsunoko anime (other than Time Bokan) or something? Considering they recently made a company song last month as of this writing, it would be great to have them do anime BGM again.

Kenichi Sudo - He worked more on anime themes, especially with Hironobu Kageyama. Only anime I can think of who did BGM was Psybuster.

Toshiyuki Watanabe - Like Yamamoto and Jinbo, he’s already a senior, and his father Chumei is long gone; his most recent from what I can tell was Mazinger Z Infinity. Would be delighted to do mecha anime BGM again real soon.