VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 30, 2020, 06:24 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

The credits written in the notes don't match what's printed in the booklet and on the back of the case. I would just go ahead and edit it, but perhaps there was a mistake and they announced a correction somewhere online? If anyone has any info about that, let me know. If not, we should probably adjust the credits.

The booklet also doesn't break down composer/arranger. It just has the names of the contributors with the track numbers next to them. Some of these are definitely arrangements of tracks by KATE, but I'm not sure which ones. Perhaps the current credits listing KATE as composer are correct.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 08:48 AM
VGMdb Administrator

There's a breakdown on the circle website and it matches the back cover so I think you can change them
http://web.archive.org/web/200406060....html#artifact

It says "Composer" but I guess they didn't mean it literally if some of these are arrangements from Tsukihime.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 04:29 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
There's a breakdown on the circle website and it matches the back cover so I think you can change them
http://web.archive.org/web/200406060....html#artifact

It says "Composer" but I guess they didn't mean it literally if some of these are arrangements from Tsukihime.
Okay, I think I found out what's going on. It's most likely that whoever submitted this album and/or made those notes, was familiar with which tracks are originally by KATE and so made their own credits based on that. So, if we can trust that they know what they're talking about, then the current notes actually do line up with the credits in the booklet, they just just attribute arranger or composer depending on if they were new tracks composed for this soundtrack by MORRIGAN and company, or if they're arrangements of tracks by KATE.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 09:47 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Can someone else who owns this album verify whether their copy has a defect in Disc 2 Track 21? Right at 1:35 the track turns into nothing but loud static for about 6 seconds. It's really unfortunate, because that's my favorite track on the whole album.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

There's a notice about it on the circle website: http://web.archive.org/web/200406061.../artifact.html

They didn't replace the discs so all copies are likely affected, they did offer a corrected download but it doesn't look like it was archived.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:37 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
There's a notice about it on the circle website: http://web.archive.org/web/200406061.../artifact.html

They didn't replace the discs so all copies are likely affected, they did offer a corrected download but it doesn't look like it was archived.
Thanks for finding that. It's good to know that a clean version of the file exists somewhere. I actually reached out to Naoto Ishikawa on Twitter just after making my post and asked if he had a corrected file. Hopefully he does and can send it my way. It's such a cool track and I'd love to be able to listen to it uninterrupted like that.

Edit: Ishikawa-san had the corrected file handy, so I was able to grab that from him!

Last edited by Chris Porter; Aug 5, 2020 at 04:46 AM.