VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 14, 2018, 09:01 PM

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm a little confused. As far as I know, there isn't a full release for the SFC version of Star Ocean's OST. Aside from the few SFC tracks added to this release and the PSP OST, the discs in this set are an enhanced version using the original MIDI as a base.

My question is does the PSP version use this same audio? Is the First Departure set a reprint of this set or not? I ask because the database does not link them as a reprint, but I wonder if that is so because there's some additions to the PSP set and it's not a straight reprint - if it is at all.

I ask because I've been working on some essay lists about music (a mix of mainstream, European metal and VGM artists) and I plan on covering Motoi Sakuraba in the third installment. That's a bit off at the moment (I'm only just about done with the first list as of now and it has 90+ albums on it) but I want to review the bulk of the Baten Kaitos, Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile discs eventually and was just wondering if I need both this Star Ocean soundtrack and the First Departure soundtrack.

I just got the First Departure soundtrack in the mail but just need to know if this set is the same or not.
Old May 14, 2018, 09:06 PM

I'm sorry, disregard the post above. I didn't see that note down in the notes section of First Departure entry. My bad.