VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:05 PM

My mistake, this album would be a reprint of KECH-1022. Didn't mean to enter it as a separate album. I will re-enter it as a child album of KECH-1022, so please delete this one.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:31 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've never heard about an HMD-### series for KOEI enclosures. Normally they've issued these on KCS-###, and in fact there is one for this album:

http://vgmdb.net/album/13176

Do you have any scans?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I've never heard about an HMD-### series for KOEI enclosures. Normally they've issued these on KCS-###, and in fact there is one for this album:

http://vgmdb.net/album/13176

Do you have any scans?
No, but I did take digital pictures of the CD, at least until I do have access to a scanner. Here are all the pictures, for now. I can also take a picture of the game's front hard cover box, in case you'd like to see that, as well.

Front Jewel Case

Front Insert:

Insert (Left) - A more detailed description of the tracks themselves, I believe.

Insert (Right) - Continued description of the tracks themselves, staff credits.

Back Insert - A tracklist, apparently.

Disc:

Last edited by Mario Kinnikuman; Nov 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

While I'm not sure how the FM-TOWNS game system works, that either looks like the game disc itself, or an addendum to let the game use redbook audio tracks.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:22 PM

Carl, I think that's right, based upon further research. The package comes with a floppy disk (the game itself, I think) and a CD-ROM to store the redbook audio. So, I think this is just that, and not an official album reprint, so to speak. I wasn't sure at first, but we can close the case on this one, now.

Just delete the entries I made for both albums, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia Article on FM-Towns
Games on the FM Towns regularly used Red Book (audio CD standard) orchestral music tracks, especially if they were designed specifically for the Fujitsu system (Games ported from the PC9801, for instance, might have used only PCM/FM music). This was a novelty and innovation far ahead of other PCs of the time made possible by the standard CD-ROM drive in every FM Towns computer.

Last edited by Mario Kinnikuman; Nov 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM.