VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 6, 2021, 04:22 AM
VGMdb Staff

I think Taku Inoue was using the artist name "Taku Inoue" even when he was at BNSI, so I'm not sure if the majority of albums linked here are correct. Most of these booklets seem to be entirely in English though, which makes it hard to asses the intent of the artist.

Some early IDOLM@STER albums do provide evidence of him already using Taku Inoue as an artist name as early as 2013 though: https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=449963
Old Aug 6, 2021, 01:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstz View Post
Most of these booklets seem to be entirely in English though, which makes it hard to asses the intent of the artist.
Yeah, it's annoying. I've moved all the SuperSweep albums that I have so far to the kanji version because their website consistently credited him in kanji until 2016, with the exception of SRIN-1091 where everyone's in English. There are a couple of later ones I haven't gotten to yet where his artist name is on the site and booklet in English while other people are in kanji (SRIN-1144 and SRIN-1137).

For the iTunes releases, I moved the ones where he's credited in kanji in the composer tag here, and just left the ones where all the composer tags are in English.