VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:34 PM

Default Rokugen Alice as a Label

When I submitted this group as an Artist (yes, a mistake on my account for not seeing the Label option...which isn't an option at all to me really), it was obviously rejected for hence not being an Artist.

I agree with this rejection, and I was told that if I disagreed with it I was to make a thread on it here. However, this is not the case, and instead wish to discuss this group not being recognized as a Label (which was what I was originally intending to do anyway instead of submitting as an Artist).

As we can see here, this group has made many releases, which I was told would be the way that this group would be recognized as a label, since at the time of writing, they only have 2 albums submitted to this site (since they were the only Touhou Arrange albums they've done so far)

The only way I could see debate in this is that these other 12 or so works of theirs are original works, which I could see as being somewhat of an issue for a site for Music pertaining to Visual Media.

I'm not too sure if you'd want me to submit these albums myself, as I've only really discovered these albums now, and hence have only listened to one or two tracks, but I'd wish that you at least recognize this group as a Label.

And as a general question of policy, why is it that only Moderators can submit Labels?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 05:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, we seem to cover a lot of peripheral stuff from the doujin scene (like the hardcore albums, including entire discographies that have nothing to do with game or anime), so it probably wouldn't hurt anything.

For labels, some stuff we just haven't gotten around to opening up to the public. Regular users can't link to labels (or artists) anyway, so it's probably for the best.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:09 PM

Well, I don't think it's exactly good, as we have this happening apparently a lot, if a Rokugen Alice page gets established soon after another was deleted. Of course, this one will wind up being deleted again, someone else will get around to making this page and again it will be deleted. To me it just seems like it's giving Moderators trouble.

Some mod would have to get around to linking these albums to Rokugen Alice, though, so I guess that's what you're trying to get at by saying it's all for the best, though I myself don't see why this also a Mod only privilege. I don't think there are that many idiots on this site, and as you've said in the Rules, you expect that the people here are competent enough to judge what is wrong and right.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:46 PM

Although I only superficially read the topic of this discussion, yeah, I also feel we might have underused organizations to avoid overlapping with artist entries. We could just link each member to an organization entry, instead of submitting a unit entry that lacks any credit on the database (Basiscape, Procyon Studio, etc.), but at the same time, I think we're, either, not so much willing to add an organization entry that lacks any release on the database (perhaps even more, as I don't know of a single label/organization entry with no release linked).

Speaking of Rokugen Alice, they seem to be occasionally credited as a lyricist (although not sure any of the albums is within VGMdb's coverage), and in such a case, we only have to make a unit entry to link.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:40 PM

...so we should make a label for them but we should keep the Artist page for them since they are credited as Lyricists in some albums (ie: the first track of this album, which has all of the circle participating but not being the producers of the album), correct?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumendez View Post
...so we should make a label for them but we should keep the Artist page for them since they are credited as Lyricists in some albums (ie: the first track of this album, which has all of the circle participating but not being the producers of the album), correct?
The album you're bringing is not the case I'd credit a circle, since both Asuke Rokugen and Anna Sakurai are credited as an individual, but something like below;
Quote:
arrange: Asuke Rokugen
vocal: Anna Sakurai
lyrics: Rokugen Alice
We have at least several cases that the submitted artist entries later turned out to be replaceable by the organization entry with the same name (Procyon Studio, DystopiaGround, etc.), but I can see part of why it happens, as we can't credit label/organizations as an artist, and not every organization independently releases albums. I think we can organize and merge them in the future.

Btw, wasn't it "Take it Happy!!" you submitted, not "Rokugen Alice"? It's definitely fine to submit Rokugen Alice if they release albums which VGMdb can cover, although the submission page isn't opened for normal users yet.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Btw, wasn't it "Take it Happy!!" you submitted, not "Rokugen Alice"? It's definitely fine to submit Rokugen Alice if they release albums which VGMdb can cover, although the submission page isn't opened for normal users yet.
My Rokugen Alice artist page was deleted by Secret Squirrel because he said, "
Reason: Not an artist. Probably worthy of a label page, if this doujin circle gets a few more entries."

And two Touhou doujin albums deems it not important enough to make a label for then?

(I hope this isn't considered necromancy, actually forgot this thread due to certain circumstances...)
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Sure, we can create an organization entry for them, just that nobody got around to doing it. Here it is: http://vgmdb.net/org/898
Old Sep 3, 2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks for making the Label Gigablah, didn't realize we didn't have the second Touhou Arrange album on this site (was pretty sure we did) so I added it, so some mod will have to get to that (as well as delete the first Front, because I didn't notice it had white borders on it and now I can't delete it).