VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yoko Shimomura and Kaoru Wada had a session with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra about a month ago. Possibly for this album. (edit: confirmed)

https://twitter.com/midiplex/status/826049753855172608
https://www.facebook.com/kaoruwadash...32914903532271

Edit: Here's the program for the concert. The tracks highlighted in red did not make it on the CD. (source)

=Part 1=
01. Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-
02. Dearly Beloved -KINGDOM HEARTS II Ver.-
03. Destati
04. Organization XIII
05. Twinkle Twinkle Holidays
06. Treasured Memories
07. The World of KINGDOM HEARTS
08. Fate of the Unknown
09. Threats of the Land: KINGDOM HEARTS Battle Medley

=Part 2=
10. Heroes and Heroines: Characters' Medley
11. Lazy Afternoons ~ At Dusk, I Will Think of You...
12. Vector to the Heavens
13. Wave of Darkness
14. Daybreak Town: The Heart of χ
15. The Other Promise
16. Let Darkness Assemble: Final Boss Battle Medley
17. Passion -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-

=Encore=
18. Fantasia alla marcia for piano, chorus and orchestra

=Arranger Credits=
Kaoru Wada: 01, 02, 07, 08, 14, 17, 18
Natsumi Kameoka: 03, 04, 05, 09, 13, 15
Sachiko Miyano: 06, 12, 16
Souhei Kano: 10, 11

Last edited by cal; Mar 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added encore
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:29 AM
VGMdb Staff

It's up on SE store. Should the entry be updated with general release details?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Here's the Twitter annoucement btw:
Quote:
また、会場で販売したCD『KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra Album』ですが、期間限定でe-STOREにて販売することとなりました。お届けまでに少々お時間をいただきますが、オケの感動をぜひ。
Am I reading this correctly, that this going to become another of these e-store exclusive albums?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:42 AM
VGMdb Staff

^ Seems like it (and a limited-time offer).
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Edit: Here's the program for the concert. The tracks highlighted in red did not make it on the CD. (source)
You can add the encore to that list: it's "Fantasia alla marcia for piano, chorus and orchestra" from KHII. Shimomura joins the orchestra and plays the piano for that one.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 02:11 PM
Trusted Editor

Took me a bit to figure it out but I believe the Jimmie Dodd credit in the inserts is for M04, which includes the Mickey Mouse Theme. That one was a no-brainer. The Takeharu Ishimoto credit I believe is on M07, starting at 10:15 or so, which starts "Enter the Darkness", which is the Birth By Sleep Vanitas boss battle.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 06:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

Available on the North American online store for a limited time: https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...-world-tour-cd
Old Jun 27, 2017, 09:42 AM

Do these fall under the same catalogue number for Europe?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:13 PM

Question

As a request: Could someone decipher what tracks comprise track 12, "Let The Darkness Assemble: Final Boss Battle Medley"?

I've identified the pieces that comprise tracks 4, 6, and 7:

4) Mickey Mouse Club March / Olympus Colosseum / A Very Small Wish / Waltz of the Damned / Secret of Neverland / The Silent Forest / La Cloche

6) Night of Fate / To Our Surprise / Road to a Hero* / Having a Wild Time -Previous Version-** / Hand in Hand / Arabian Dream / Monstrous Monstro / An Adventure in Atlantica / Spooks of Halloween Town / Dance of the Daring / Scherzo di notte

7) Sora / Riku / Kairi / Namine / The Other Promise (Theme of Roxas)/ Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion / Terra / Aqua / Ventus / Enter the Darkness (Theme of Vanitas)

*I think that's it.
**Similarly, I think that's it, mainly because it sounds like one of the bonus tracks from the U.S. & JP Kingdom Hearts ost, through identifying this medley is a work in progress.

-Kai Wolf
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:28 PM
Trusted Editor

00:00 Guardando nel buio (KH1)
02:20 Darkness of the Unknown (KH2)
03:57 Dismiss (Birth by Sleep)
06:13 L'Impeto Oscuro (Dream Drop Distance)
07:09 Guardando nel buio (Reprise) (KH1)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 03:53 AM
VGMdb Staff

Hey guys, so I saw that this concert has been renewed through 2018. Tickets go on sale on March 13th.

They added a bunch of new locations in the US and elsewhere:
June 9: Los Angeles (United States)

July 8: Sydney (Australia)
July 13: Chicago (United States)
July 14: Detroit (United States)
July 16: Pittsburgh (United States)
July 19: Boston (United States)
July 21: Toronto (Canada)
July 26: Atlanta (United States)
July 28: Dallas (United States)

August 2: Philadelphia (United States)
August 4: Phoenix (United States)
August 5: Las Vegas (United States)
August 12: Honolulu (United States)

September 8: Sao Paulo (Brazil)
September 15: Munich (Germany)
September 22: Milan (Italy)

October 6: Seoul (South Korea)
October 20: Mexico City (Mexico)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 05:08 AM
Trusted Editor

They’ve been on sale through WildFaery for a few days now but they are seated first come first serve and don’t have the ability to pick your seats (they’ll be assigned later FIFO). They’re also the only place you can get VIP packages but those are probably sold out already. I only saw Munich having one, the US East coast shows don’t have a Shimomura appearance ().
Old Mar 6, 2018, 05:26 AM
VGMdb Staff

Select seating categories were on pre-sale for the last couple days. It says general ticket sales start on the 13th.

One of the shows is only a 30 minute drive from me, so I'll definitely have to grab a ticket in a few days. The general sales are being handled by different websites, so maybe they'll offer more seating choices?

Btw, where do you see which cities have a Shimomura appearance?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 05:32 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Select seating categories were on pre-sale for the last couple days. It says general ticket sales start on the 13th.

One of the shows is only a 30 minute drive from me, so I'll definitely have to grab a ticket in a few days. The general sales are being handled by different websites, so maybe they'll offer more seating choices?

Btw, where do you see which cities have a Shimomura appearance?
They won't offer more seating choices, it will be "what's left". The WildFaery presale will give out the best seats in the order of first come, first serve, until their orders are satisfied. Anything remaining will go up on the ticket vendor listed for the regular presale (Ticketmaster, etc.). It is how they did it last time.

There was a note that said "See the above list for select VIP cities" and it's supposed to be listed in the main list that lists presale and general on sale times/vendors, but it isn't listed there. The only reason I saw Munich was VIP was because Munich launched first (12:00 local time happened first, before my EST shows went up) and I clicked it and noticed there was a VIP option to add to cart. None of the EST shows had a VIP option at presale launch. Or it's possible they sold out too quickly for me to notice (doubtful). It's probably too late to determine from the website now as I'm sure every VIP package is sold out since they are limited to 100. I missed VIP the first time around because I forgot to set an alarm, and unfortunately this time around it doesn't look like she's coming to any of the east coast shows.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 05:50 AM
VGMdb Staff

By "more seating choices" I just meant that maybe the general sale site will give people the ability to select their seats. My city isn't on the pre-sale site so I guess it already sold out. That's fine though - I don't mind taking a budget-friendly seat.

It's strange that they don't just list it on the main site. I guess she will be at the LA show since it's the first stop, but I wonder if she will be at any of the other US shows? If she isn't going to be at any of the east coast shows, then I doubt it.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 06:09 AM
Trusted Editor

Yeah, general on-sale should let you pick your seat using whatever normal ticket vendor they use. There are some cities that don't have a WildFaery pre-sale (Detroit, Toronto, Honolulu, etc.), and those should have full availability I'd imagine. I don't know about VIP though. LA has a note about VIP, so maybe that one had it. Munich doesn't, though. http://www.wildfaery.com/info/index....gdomhearts2018