VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

This is a very rare and obscure soundtrack that I couldn't seem to find, barely no information about.

I got the tracklist from tagged music files on my computer, and since the soundtrack was ripped with Exact Audio Copy I can't find the "real tags" for the tracks. Anyways, some parts of the tracks wasn't in Japanese so I decided to put a question-mark inside of brackets where the real track names are missing (aka. in Japanese).
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:16 PM

Pleasure Hearts and Kyokugen are two manic shooters for the MSX 2 developed by M-Kai, the same group (person?) behind the Wonderswan's Judgement Silversword. Strangely, most of the music on this disc belongs to Kyokugen. Pleasure Hearts is only about 9 tracks long.

=EDIT=======================
Oh wait, that's because I've just found out the album's whole name is "完全攻略キョクゲン / PLEASURE HEARTS"
- or -
"Kanzenkouryakukyokugen / PLEASURE HEARTS"

I'm no good at romanization, so if someone would like to take a stab at doing that, please do. I'm not sure the game has an official English name. Different translations give me "Complete Capture Kyokugen" or "Fully Capture Kyokugen" or "Strategy Kyokugen".
=END EDIT====================

The music is a bit underwhelming, but the MSX games are little-known and take Judgement Silversword's "holy shit" reaction to a whole new level, so I thought I'd share some videos of these little oddities.

Kyokugen 5-minute "Caravan" run

Pleasure Hearts 1CC run

Last edited by Judge Ito; Jan 28, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 01:29 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The PLEASURE HEARTS tracks should actually be 38-46, right? The game starts off with "M-KAI OPERATION 3," which is what track 38 is called.

Also, PRIMITIVE SOUND is just the publisher, not the composer or arranger. The PRIMITIVE SOUND links page gives the four arrangers, but it doesn't say who arranged which track. Though it should be pretty obvious which one JL2TBB did.

Here are the music credits from Pleasure Hearts:

And Kyokugen:

S.Hatakeyama is also in the credits of Kyokugen, as 畠山忍. There are a few ways 忍 can be read that start with S, but the most likely would be Shinobu. The other composer in PLEASURE HEARTS looks to me like ジャラホーマ (e: it's ジャラキーマ), but that produces zero hits so maybe I've got a character wrong. His site is http://www.zakugiri.com/, where he goes just by ジャラ (JyaRa). That's also what he's called in the PRIMITIVE SOUND links page.

Last edited by CHz; Mar 10, 2019 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:30 AM

Thanks for researching. I was too tired when I found all this out and didn't think to check the vids for credits.

You're right, 38 belongs to Pleasure Hearts. Again, tired.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I thought the sales event for this soundtrack took place at Comic Market 70, and not 60. Is this an error, maybe?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:29 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

It's comiket 60.
The official page clearly gives the release date of the album (10 of August 2001).
Comiket 70 would be 2006..
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

No no, it clearly states "Sales Event: Comic Market 70" under the "Sale" link to the left. It doesn't even say anything about Comic Market on the site linked in the vgmdb entry.

See this:
http://bit.ly/bm43Bo

Last edited by Nisto; Jan 30, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That page is talking about the next event that PRIMITIVE SOUND was going to attend, which was C70 at the last time that page was updated. The album was sold at multiple events, including various Comikets and M3s. It was initially sold at C60.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 09:32 AM

ThnX a lot for all the great work/effort in the 'VGM scene' and, digging up all this info people, that's why they were posted like that.
hhmm...it did start a little Panic/commotion or something..hehehe...anyhow..thnx again.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 01:44 PM

So this album (as well as PSCD-1002) is a doujin which contains unaltered OSTs? That is really unusual as far as I know...