VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 23, 2010, 05:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Default CPCA-1008: STAR GLADIATOR 2 NIGHTMARE OF BILSTEIN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

The scans we have aren't exactly ideal but it sure looks like it says "Ending There"
Old May 23, 2010, 08:06 AM

Too bad we didn't get the second game over here in the US, I kind of liked the first one.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I do have a slighty better scan in stock (but still not good enough to my taste), and you'r right, it says "there" everywhere.
Old May 23, 2010, 12:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks. Is this a new low for Engrish or something? Though I wonder if the booklet has the correct spellings, since those "Ending There" don't get many Google hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
Too bad we didn't get the second game over here in the US, I kind of liked the first one.
Actually I think it was released under the name of Plasma Sword. It was great fun but never liked too much the dial-a-combos, they sure had to be in every 3D fighter back then.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Actually I think it was released under the name of Plasma Sword. It was great fun but never liked too much the dial-a-combos, they sure had to be in every 3D fighter back then.
I picked this up off of eBay last week. It can be fun, but it's not really that good of a sequel; personally I'd take the original over it.

And the name change was completely pointless. There was nothing about the first game that really gave off a negative connotation. Quite literally, with Soul Calibur showing up on the Dreamcast first this game was screwed from the outset.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 01:30 PM

I just picked this disc up. I'll have to add some scans but the soundtrack comes comes with one of two guitar picks:

A white one with Hayato, the series main protagonist on it or a pink one with B. Hayato (Black Hayato), a genotype clone of Hayato created by Bilstein at the end of the first game. B. Hayato does exist in the first game, but he's the player-two pallete swap of the regular Hayato; he's not explained or given a unique story in the original game.

I think the whole "Ending There" thing comes from the tracklisting they get from the gracenote database when when they rip the disc with a media player. I noticed this when I was ripping my copy to my computer. I had fun changing all those "there"'s to "theme"'s. Looking at the back of the cover it's doesn't appear to be a case of Engrish on the count of Capcom.

Also, I'm a little thrown off by the credits listed for the album. With Iwai being credited as the "Main Music Composer" and Shibata being credited as the "Sub Music Composer" Does that mean Iwai did the stage themes and Shibata did the butt load of ending themes or is this unknown? That would make sense because those two subsections of music are pretty different.

Edit:

Also, shouldn't "arcade" be listed under platforms? If gamefaqs/wikipedia is right it was released in the arcades first:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/56484...re-of-bilstein

If I'm not mistaken the game used the ZN-2 arcade board, which is an improved version of the PlayStation-based ZN-1 based board the original game used. Still, I think the first game looked great for its time.

Last edited by Brad Evans II; Jun 8, 2016 at 01:45 PM.