VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 23, 2014, 05:26 AM

Default Humble Bundle OST's

Hey all, any music buffs here? Just kidding. So Humble Bundles, I buy lots of them and apparently they give you OST's for everything! Problem is, there are just to many.

I should probably make this a link and not embed, hehe.

http://i5.minus.com/ip7nUNcUYixdA.png

Can any of you suggest some of the good OST's to try from Humble? I've listened to quite a few and some are really good, ones such as Aquaria, DEFCON, Hammerwatch, and To The Moon are all really good overall soundtracks IMO, others like FTL, Offspring Fling, Shatter, Super Meat Boy are maybe not as good overall (IMO) but they do have some really good worthy songs to single out. Anyway I've only scratched like 5% of that list, I'd love to hear some of your opinions on any of these, to maybe help me (and others reading this) discover some new underrated gems.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:13 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Offspring Fling and Shatter are two of my alltime favorite soundtracks in the world of "Western VGM." So I'm not sure my recommendations will work for you.

Within your HumbleBundle OST queue, I'd recommend:

Bastion
Blocks That Matter
Capsized
Dear Esther
DUST: An Elysian Tail
FEZ
Indie Game: The Movie
Jamestown (oh holy shit you better like this one!)
Machinarium (if you dig minimalist, it doesn't get better. This is like Myst on ambient steroids...)
Monaco soundtracks (OST and arrange)
NightSky
Samorost2 (same guy who did Machinarium, so if you like that you may like this!)
SpaceChem
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery
The Basement Collection
The Binding of Isaac (for this and above, if you didn't like SMB you might not like these, since it's mostly Danny B. But it's a different feel IMO, so check it out)
Thomas Was Alone
Tiny Barbarian DX
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:56 PM

Bit late on this reply but I've been really busy with work this past week, anyway those are some good suggestions and I've already been going through some of them. I really did like Jamestown , SpaceChem and The Binding of Isaac's OST (though haven't finished listening to this one yet) so thanks for that.

It's funny how I've played through each of these games before and I don't recall anything special about their music while playing them then, I do remember liking Jamestown's and SpaceChem's title screen musics though.