VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:14 PM

I did not put down Hideaki Anno or Mike WYZGOWSKI for the Lyricist section, although it is listed in track 10, “Original Japanese Lyrics by Hideaki Anno / English Translation by Mike WYZGOWSKI.” This can be seen on the back cover of the booklet. I’ve listened to my cd and only English is sung. I’m not sure if the Japanese version of the CD album is in Japanese, but I would think that both of these artists would be included in the Lyricist section.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:13 PM

There is no Japanese version. The lyrics were written in Japanese and then rendered in English (I hesitate to call it translation in this case). I'm not sure what VGMDb's policy on these matters is, so I won't make any call, but I think we add both original lyricist (who in my opnion should be the one added if only one is) and the translator.