VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:37 AM

輪舞
Almost everywhere for the title song used romaji version of the name "Rinbu-revolution" or translated "Round Dance - Revolution" or "Rondo-revolution". I think that the "Round Dance - Revolution" can be considered an official translation, since this version has been in the U.S. printing of the soundtrack.
And only vgmdb uses the title "Rond-revolution".
Can I get an explanation why?

Last edited by Van.; Mar 8, 2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 07:28 AM

you wrote that post like 4 hours after the other thread?
I guess you didn't see it (maybe)

but it's not uncommon to see errors spread over the internet for years and never corrected and admitted as "truth" (cf. ed ;p)
and without forgetting "official geneon translations" are... hm... (how can I say it without being vulgar?)
Old Mar 8, 2013, 07:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

I vote for using ronde for this album. Copying a typo from another album's tracklist for consistency just seems silly.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:12 AM

I regret but I don't see why it'd be silly, it's for the same anime with just a translation
it's not because it's not what you expect you must change it for "your" convenience

there are a lot of typoed tracklists used on vgmdb and never corrected to fit the actual tracklists
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:30 AM
VGMdb Staff

Phono has a point here, there's a shitload of track title typos that remain as such because you never get official correction. I kinda always remember AC Revelations first with few examples like "Welcom to the Fold". Is it obvious? Certainly. Would I like to correct it (if it was allowed)? Why yes, yes I would... If we're going to start correcting the obvious typos, there's a lot of work
Old Mar 8, 2013, 09:12 AM
Trusted Editor

Rondo - Revolution should be alternative title, and no french, especially on the revolution part, just check the lyrics.

And apparently the single has the rondo part spelled in furigana on lyrics. Too bad that there's no good scans anywhere.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:25 AM

after watching the booklet of ost 2, I came with the conclusion that it's a shitty reading in fact
"rond" must be a direct reading of "ロンド like "barcharu-star" (バーチャルスター)

actually, I'm gonna change it and have "rondo" as display and "rond" as alternative