VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
AFAIR both versions are used in the game: the "Blade Appears" version is in a cutscene introduction to the Blade enemy in the backyard, the "Original" version is used in subsequent battles with Blades, Sin Scythes, maybe others too.
I can't recall offhand myself, but judging from a couple videos that I just took a quick look at I think that you're correct.
Granted, the use of "Original" in the title seems slightly misleading seeing as it isn't the first version of it that you'll hear, just the one used for most battles following the Blade introduction.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 07:20 PM

I think they meant "Original" from the composer's perspective: Ueda probably composed that first, then made a different intro segment for the Blade cutscene.
And I've just realized that the Original has its own unique intro segment that's not in the Blade version.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:39 PM

Good point, that actually makes sense. Also, yes, as I mentioned before in addition to being slightly longer the intros are different.
Old May 25, 2021, 02:01 PM

Gonna break ice here and ask...
no one knows about a promo release of 29 tracks, released on end 2001?

I have this disc, it was gift from a friend who lived in Japan, but its a .... disc, with nothing else.
Kinda like this release -> https://vgmdb.net/album/21572
it was just a cd inside a blank transparent case with no booklet nor anything.

My disc is complete blank, and has no numbers nor anything. No even tracklist. But when you put on computer and play , let say winamp, it shows the track titles.
Just today I noticed that this disc is not on vgmdb. (I have been revisiting Devil May cry music.)
She, my friend, sent me this disc in end of 2001. I think i got it in December, because I remember it was close to x-mas.

Should this be added? At the time, I never thought about THIS PLACE existing in my future, so I did not really asked where she got it or anything. She used to buy some Japanese cds original and send them to me. Since everything was always original, I assume this cd was too.

29 tracks, 32:26 minutes length.
tracks have transitions with each other, almost like a set mix. And comparing tracks with this version, some tracks have diferent takes of fro example "Red-Hot Juice", 2 versions. And 1 jingle (or bridge) not found in this ost

Talk to me guys.

Last edited by RomanticScent; May 25, 2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old May 26, 2021, 02:41 AM

I'm interested in listening to this. If you're willing to share, send me a private message.
Until then, I can't say if this should be added. The blank standalone disc indicates it could be a bootleg. But the fact that it's mixed into a set (if the transitions are properly done) and has multiple versions of a track indicate it could've come from the composers.

Last edited by DanteLectro; May 28, 2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:50 AM
VGMdb Staff

RomanticScent: It sounds like your disc is either a selfmade bootleg/game rip or some sort of composer promo. But for us to add an album here it would need to have been available to the public in some way, either for purchase or as a pack-in bonus/give-away etc, which this doesn't seem to be. So the first step would be to find out more about the disc and where it came from.
Old May 26, 2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
I'm interested in listening to this. If you're willing to share, send me a private message.
Until then, I can't say if this should be added. The blank standalone disc indicates it could be a bootleg. But the fact that it's mixed into a set (if the transitions are properly done) and has multiple versions of a track indicates it could come from the composers.
she did sent me with paper note on the cd saying :
"Masami Ueda
Devil May Cry"
that note is looong gone.
I only played the game in 2006. i only knew Masami Ueda at the time, from Resident evil music

I think i might mislead...or not, some tracks do sound like a continuous mix, other's don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
RomanticScent: It sounds like your disc is either a selfmade bootleg/game rip or some sort of composer promo. But for us to add an album here it would need to have been available to the public in some way, either for purchase or as a pack-in bonus/give-away etc, which this doesn't seem to be. So the first step would be to find out more about the disc and where it came from.
I am going to exclude game rip as far far far away idea.
i have tracks here that are not on the official soundtrack, and I have another version of a sparda battle (i think its that one), with a new intro , which again, not on the soundtrack.
where it came? I have no idea, nor any way to that anymore.