VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 29, 2020, 05:48 PM
Trusted Editor

10000% agree, Shima absolutely knocked his tracks out of the park. What a talent.
Old May 29, 2020, 06:30 PM

His interpretation of Hashimoto’s “Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY VII” straight up made me cry the first time I heard it in game. That takes work.
Old May 30, 2020, 03:17 PM

I love reading the music credits for games like this after finishing my first playthrough. For as big of an Ace Combat fan as I am, the fact that Kobayashi composed "The Valkyrie" flew right over my head. And who would've guessed that some of my favorite tracks would be composed by a relative newcomer (Shima's pieces are absolutely breathtaking).

Like many others, I can't help but bemoan the absence of certain tracks from the soundtrack, though. There's one song in particular that plays in the Train Graveyard (in the section before Eligor I believe) that features a nice little rendition of the Turks motif. As soon as I heard that in-game, I shot over to Youtube to see if I could find it. But it's neither there nor on the official soundtrack. What a letdown.

Still a really fantastic soundtrack all-around. Big ups to everyone who worked on it, and I hope they return for the rest of the remakes.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:33 AM

Speaking of the absence of some tracks, do you think they will put up a Vol. 2 which contains all the missing tracks? Idk how many tracks are missing but sure there are some different renditions of certain tracks. "Ghoul" for example misses it's introduction music while most of the boss musics have that, which is a shame. And why do some tracks loop and other's don't? This made me curious.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:17 AM

The game releases in 3 parts, expect an OST to follow each game... By the end of it all, it'll probably make FFXIV's discography look tame, because SE sure loves to milk the Cows.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Speaking of the absence of some tracks, do you think they will put up a Vol. 2 which contains all the missing tracks?
Perhaps an OST Plus, like IX or XIII?

Quote:
And why do some tracks loop and other's don't? This made me curious.
This might be contentious, but I could really go for looping tracks to go out of style entirely; we're at a point with at least SEM where the tracks are largely developed enough where they don't need to loop. My brain still reels over how many FFXIV tracks, for example, clock in at well over ten minutes for no good reason.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:27 PM
Trusted Editor

Agree wholeheartedly. Looping is so overrated. Also I don't really think the missing tracks are that big a deal. There's over 8 hours of music already, missing a handful of tracks or parts of tracks is not the end of the world. I'm sure they cut a little bit to go for the whole "7" theme, and that's fine. Just wait for an OST+.
Old May 31, 2020, 01:57 PM

Does anyone know what they say in Latin on the Track 'Midgar,city of Marko "?
Old May 31, 2020, 06:17 PM
Trusted Editor

Pretty sure it's just the first two lines of One-Winged Angel?

estuans interius
ira vehementi
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:48 AM

I like Hamauzu's quote from Saga Frontier II at the end of Jessie's Theme (curiously, the track doesn't get this far in game rip versions).

Also his Shinra military themed pieces lift ideas from Dirge Of Cerberus which fit very nicely.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 08:30 AM

Does anyone have a good scan of this version's cover art?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 05:00 AM

If anyone interested in unreleased tracks and variations from FFVII Remake Soundtrack you can find high quality gamerips on my SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/user-968969093 Downloads are enabled. More tracks will be posted on my other SC page: https://soundcloud.com/user-641769595
Old May 9, 2021, 10:47 PM

No wonder "Eligor" felt like a piece of the soundtrack to FINAL FANTASY Ⅹ, it's Hamauzu's work.
[s]Does anybody have any idea on how to take scans of this thing without destroying the packaging, pretty much?
I tried to take photos, but sadly, I only have a smartphone and their quality is horrible (lighting didn't help, either).[/s]

I take it the Jukebox tracks are part of a CD exclusive to the Limited Edition? Good thing I don't care about them, didn't like them one bit… Even the game was kind of horrible.

I've been half lucky with ordering from CDJapan: unregistered Airmail, didn't have to pay taxes/fees (and given the whole amount, I should have had to), but I sure want to wring the courier's neck, package was most likely thrown, crappy Italian service, as usual.

Last edited by ilef; Jun 9, 2021 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added a complete set of scans.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 01:57 PM

Sorry for double post, but the FINAL FANTASY Ⅶ REMAKE MATERIAL ULTIMANIA (one of those Studio BentStuff's books) has comments from the sound staff for some tracks - sample page… could be interesting for you folks?
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old Mar 29, 2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
Sorry for double post, but the FINAL FANTASY Ⅶ REMAKE MATERIAL ULTIMANIA (one of those Studio BentStuff's books) has comments from the sound staff for some tracks - sample page… could be interesting for you folks?
Yeah, I noticed this as well when previewing the item at Amazon in my country. Quite intriguing, I'll definitely buy this book and the second volume later this year.

https://freeimage.host/i/Gm93Vn
Old Mar 29, 2022, 01:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor

If you're into the FFVII Remake soundtrack, it's definitely worth a read. Some comments are really well detailed (especially Shotaro Shima, Yoshinori Nakamura and Tadayoshi Makino) and give a lot of insight into their creative process and how their tracks are structured.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Yeah, I noticed this as well when previewing the item at Amazon in my country. Quite intriguing, I'll definitely buy this book and the second volume later this year.

https://freeimage.host/i/Gm93Vn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
If you're into the FFVII Remake soundtrack, it's definitely worth a read. Some comments are really well detailed (especially Shotaro Shima, Yoshinori Nakamura and Tadayoshi Makino) and give a lot of insight into their creative process and how their tracks are structured.
Thanks to you both. I've placed an order.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440