VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:35 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I reverted Track 7 from A prayer for Goddes (Statue of Time) back to A prayer for Goddes (Lucia Battle 2) as per Capcom's site:

A prayer for Goddes (Statue of Time)
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I reverted Track 7 from A prayer for Goddes (Statue of Time) back to A prayer for Goddes (Lucia Battle 2) as per Capcom's site[...]
I've just checked it in the game, and 1.07 A Prayer for Goddes is Statue of Time.
If you look at 2.04 you can see that is Lucia Battle 2 right after Dante Battle 2 (in the same manner as the two Battle 1 themes).
That part of the tracklist on http://suleputer.capcom.co.jp/product/cd/cpca1098.html is simply not in accordance with reality.
Also, "goddes" is grammatically incorrect (goddess). Must have been a typo in the traslation.

Last edited by DanteLectro; Mar 12, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
I've just checked it in the game, and 1.07 A Prayer for Goddes is Statue of Time.
If you look at 2.04 you can see that is Lucia Battle 2 right after Dante Battle 2 (in the same manner as the two Battle 1 themes).
That part of the tracklist on http://suleputer.capcom.co.jp/product/cd/cpca1098.html is simply not in accordance with reality.
Also, "goddes" is grammatically incorrect (goddess). Must have been a typo in the traslation.
Yeah, you're right. Back then i still made a mistake, though, should have wrote that in the "Notes" section. As far as i understood, VGMdb shall always go with what's either provided by an official source, or what's printed on the back/booklet, and note errors/typos in the textbox below.

On a different note, too bad there's no composer breakdown, i don't really trust the guesses made by the guy@SEMO.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Mar 12, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:47 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
We have full scans now:

http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=104192

The mistake is on there too. We have to go with the mistake unless CAPCOM issues an errata. We can put the correction in the notes, however.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:14 PM

I agree with the policy, sorry for changing the tracklist (i forgot). I have polished the note.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:10 AM

Does anyone has a composer breakdown for this soundtrack? Sadly there is no official one.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 05:50 PM

Added the official English track titles from the Steam release: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...al_Soundtrack/