VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 8, 2008, 03:43 PM

Default Sonic MegaCD and Sonic CD: Game Disc Should They Be Included In The Database

Hi all, a question for the admins,

I was wondering if the game discs of Sonic CD (PC Version) North American release and Sonic MegaCD Japanese/European release (MegaCD version) should be included in the database of albums. Both of these game discs have most of the music as Redbook audio, which means that it can played in normal audio CD players. If they should be included in the database I can add them with all information and lots of scans also. I would also add a note that they are game discs with Redbook audio. I have these game discs and have verified that the audio does indeed play in audio CD players. They are both classic soundtracks, even with the controversy of changing the music for the North American release (for the better, IMHO, as now we have two great soundtracks!). Thanks everyone.
Old May 8, 2008, 03:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

No, Redbook Audio and other game-rips shouldn't be included in the current database. We're concentrating on music that has been released through a more official channel, though obviously there are some grey areas.

You can find further discussion here.