VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:18 AM

Are GOG.com soundtracks now allowed on the database or this one's a special case?

Concerning this particular soundtrack:

Where was the tracklist fetched from?
The files from the original broken_sword1_music.zip archive from GOG.com are all unnumbered 320kbps mp3s. (so "cantbelieve" as example should be track 1).

Edit: performance credits fetched from the iTunes version of the album, and by listening the soundtrack.

Edit 2: Track "watching" also features some vocals, by a male performer I don't recognize.

Last edited by krelian75; Oct 3, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:33 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't know.
I still consider the GOG releases as game rips as no efforts was put on them.
(no numbered tracklist, no tags, no special cover ...)
And most of the time these files are found in the game directory which is another kind of "publication" to me, that we haven't really accepted yet.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
I don't know.
I still consider the GOG releases as game rips as no efforts was put on them.
(no numbered tracklist, no tags, no special cover ...)
And most of the time these files are found in the game directory which is another kind of "publication" to me, that we haven't really accepted yet.
I gotta admit the quality of these releases is not optimal, as you stated above (no tags, numbered tracklist etc).
I guess you can't even consider them original soundtracks, just tracks randomly thrown in archives as bonuses for game buyers.
Wouldn't add them to the db personally.

krelian
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:22 PM

Corrected the release date.

Seems like Mobygames has further information on the soundtrack credits, but it's still incomplete. It uses generic terms like "written" and "performed", which doesn't really tells who did what, as for some tracks "written" equals "composed" while for others it could also mean "lyrics written by". Same with "performed", which could means either instruments or vocals or both. Plus I still don't now where the vocal credits on tracks 20 through 22 are fetched from.

Last edited by Lashiec; Sep 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added note about additional credits