VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 30, 2008, 09:39 AM

Just noticed this line in the sidenote:
Quote:
Yasuhiko Tachibana (Disc01_09,16,19 Disc02_31)
Disc 2 only have 18 tracks,hope someone better informed can fix it.

EDIT:Confirmed Yasuhiko Tachibana did track 3 of disc 2.
Problem solved.

Last edited by Cypher; Sep 30, 2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 01:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That's actually how it's printed in the booklet. There are composition credits for all of the tracks on disc 2 except for track 03, so I'm guessing the 31 is a typo for 03.

Also, wow, this album has some massive track names. There's a whole lot more in the Japanese titles that hasn't been translated yet. :V
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Also, wow, this album has some massive track names. There's a whole lot more in the Japanese titles that hasn't been translated yet.
Actually,it's the hard part that even some japanese would feel hard to understand... :/
And good job editing the info.^_^
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:22 AM

Quick question about the tracklist---is there a reason the second parts to some of the track titles weren't translated/were left out? For example, if track 6 is fully translated you get something like "Steel Threat - The Blood of Mercury That Burns With Passion", which in my humble opinion is better than simply "Steel Threat". Were these second parts left out for the sake of keeping the tracklist 'neater'?

In any case, should a more literal tracklist be added in addition to the current one?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:55 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm pretty sure the tracklist is the way it is right now because it's a difficult one to translate. It could use a complete re-translation by someone with more skill than I ever had.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:31 PM

Well I had a crack at it and added a 'literal' English translation. My translation skills leave a lot to be desired with my current level of Japanese knowledge, however I think it's OK for the most part. Perhaps this can give impetus to a more skilled translator tackling all the track names I botched. :P (1-15, anyone?)

Looking at it now, the literal translation looks indeed unnecessarily complex, but since I'm a perfectionist I just couldn't settle with it being absent on the album page. I presume the consensus will be to keep the simpler tracklist.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 08:53 AM

Sorry to resurrect this after all these years, but I took a shot at re-translating the track list into English for this and the Kishin Houkou OST. Since a few of the original translations contained translation errors, I updated the default English track list, but if desirable, the full track names could be moved to the 'English Literal' list and just the short names could be retained for the default list.