VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Them youtubers work fast...

Spoiler:
SOUND DIRECTOR
Akio Jinsenji

SOUND DESIGNERS
Tetsuhiro Ogawa

Iku Mizutani Toshihiko Hiraguchi
Tomonao Niiya Makoto Suehiro
Tasuku Mizutani

I believe other than Tetsuhiro Ogawa (who worked on KOF XII, maybe old SNK member), the rest(?) come from Iku Mizutani's Soundfountain. Not sure if we should add them or wait for the OST (they could have worked on SE only...).
No more old SGZ members?

EDIT: console version
Spoiler:
SOUND
SOUND DESIGNERS
Tetsuhiro Ogawa

Iku Mizutani Toshihiko Hiraguchi

EDIT2: I asked Tetsuhiro Ogawa for credits and he told me it was confidential :/. But at least he responded, nice.
EDIT3: From Ogawa's site (about the console version): arranged + new music, PV (around 10-20 songs)
Spoiler:
■格闘ゲーム2タイトル アーケード、コンシューマ版(PS3/Xbox360)

・一部BGM制作
   既存曲のアレンジや、新規曲、PV用BGMなど(計10~20曲)

・効果音制作、修正
   外注様の効果音修正や、自社制作効果音(計1000個以上)

・音声編集・加工を担当
   キャラクターボイスの収録立会いから、納品ファイルからの切り出し、
   ゲーム用の調整、コンバート含む。(計 処理ファイル約1000個以上)

・ムービーのMAを担当
   ゲーム内ムービー部分、オープニングの映像MAなど。

・ミドルウェアを使用したサウンドデータ作成
   ゲーム用のサウンド空間処理、ミックス、5.1chサラウンドへの対応。
   また、ゲームに組み込む最終コンバート含む。(音量調整やサウンドデザイン含む)

・ゲーム内のサウンドイベントの発行、調整
   サウンド停止やサウンド切り替えプログラムなどプログラマさんに渡す、
   全てのサウンドイベントの作成と仕様決め。

Last edited by Dag; Jan 20, 2022 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:30 AM

I'm surprised as well. I knew SHA-V was out because of "KDD-0063". It doesn't have his style, but TATE_NORIO too...

Anyway, Saxophone Storm 5 is the BEST!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:17 AM

Out of curiosity, is it a common occurrence for SNK to not specify which artists worked on which tracks? Looking at say, the Soundtrack for KOF 2003, despite there only being two artists working on the it (TATE_NORIO and Masahiko Hataya) it doesn't say who specifically worked on what.

From what I can see it doesn't appear that the artists listed for XIII's composition are among the artists listed as part of Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan. With that said, would it technically be inaccurate to still list the artist as such? I merely wish to know since when I tag all the various information before ripping a CD I like to be generally detailed and accurate.

However, I dislike the idea of just having a very long string of names that cover the soundtrack in its entirety. In such a situation I'd probably prefer to just condense it to the sound team's name if they aren't going to be specific on who worked on what anyway. Simply put, I'm uncertain on whether these more recent SNK artists still fall under the umbrella of being part SGZ or not.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Feb 22, 2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 09:26 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yes, it's common (though usually the composers comment in the CDs).

SGZ died with SNK in ~2000, so I wouldn't use it. The people here are mostly subcontractors (they did a good job tho).

Personally I use the company's name when the list gets too long and there is no named sound team, "SNK Playmore" in this case.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 05:37 PM

I have to agree that the people who worked on this particular soundtrack did very well, it's easily one of my favorites from the KOF franchise.

Also thanks, I think I'll take your suggestion and just use "SNK Playmore." According to their VGMDB page they apparently had a few albums where they listed the artist as such anyway so I imagine it'll work doubly so.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 02:17 AM

Does anyone know where the track "Ending -Location Test-" is used? Judging by its title it may have only been featured in location test versions of the game. I can't say for sure though since I don't hear it anywhere in the few location test videos I'm able to find.