VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Organization Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor

The actual successor of PolyGram K.K. (Kabushiki Kaisha/Co.,Ltd.) was called Universal Music K.K.. In october 2008 Universal Music K.K's legal form was changed into 'Universal Music LLC (Limited Liability Company)' which it is now credited under (for example here as distributor).
Even though it says Universal Music Japan on their site the legal company's name seems to be 'Universal Japan' (then K.K., now LLC) which can be seen on their official site.
My question is if Universal Music K.K. should be merged with this entry or if this entry should be renamed to 'Universal Music K.K.', so that the other UM K.K. entry can be renamed to Universal Music LLC, considering the change?

Last edited by AcidBeast; May 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 04:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I guess for both entries we keep the display name as "Universal Music Japan" and change the full names accordingly. You can go ahead and switch the entries, that'll save a bit of link administration.
Old May 19, 2011, 04:23 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Alright, I made the changes but I think now we have the problem that "Universal Music Japan" shows up twice in the dropdown list. Isn't there a possiblity to indicate which one is which?
Old May 19, 2011, 09:09 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll make it an option to display the full name on the dropdown and labels page.
Old May 20, 2011, 01:17 AM
VGMdb Advisor

That sounds really good. Thanks, Blah!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:58 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
I'll make it an option to display the full name on the dropdown and labels page.
Any progress on this? I had the same problem as AcidBeast with this album.

I did ofcourse manage to link it to the proper company, but I had to go through the HTML, which is a bit unorthodox...

Last edited by Nisto; Mar 31, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:12 PM

I edited that thing because too confusing and albums have Universal Music K.K. written for distributor, so I'll go with it