VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 8, 2012, 02:44 PM

Asuka Sakai is also listed in the 'Music' section of the credits roll in the game.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 05:56 PM

Courtesy of DragonSpikeXIII, a major Ace3 fan, here's a translation of the booklet:

Team NEMO DOCUMENT OF AC3 DIRECT AUDIO 2014-02-09
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

VOICE OF "AC3" SOUND DIRECTOR

To make “sound” that is not a song:
That is the theme this time around.
The chaotic world of sound should become a stimulant to everyday life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s Naka-nii. In this Ace, the theme was turning the location's atmosphere and tension into "sounds" more than into "songs". That it has no melody and doesn't develop much is a result of that. To be honest, I also saw a slap-bass-in-a-synth-lead-portamento world in a dream. That I got that direction, I understand, but even so, that ended up not being AC3. The scenario, the images, the songs, the sound effects... when they all became one, they were AC3. What? Oh, this CD? ...for this CD, rather than just listening to it, simply cruise through it without thinking of anything. The chaotic world that spreads out there should be a stimulation for everyday life. Well then, best of luck in your future endeavors....

Sound Director Nakanishi Tetsukazu

VOICES OF AC3 SOUND STAFF

These days, my mood is often intoxicated with "sound". The sound of a subway departing; the sound of a dump truck's air brake; the crunchy sounds of a hard drive. They aren't limited to sources. The feeling of an acoustic field's reverb; the feeling of the compression of an analog compressor; hi-fi in the midst of lo-fi. After you've gotten used to them, is that feeling of alienation good? Like, even though there was no feeling before. Ah, yes, isn't that the feeling of alienation? If you could say so, then AC3 is...., but there's some sort of magic if you juxtapose that with AC3.

Sound staffer Nakagawa Kōji

-------

The Ace series so far has gotten quite some varied background music. Background music as part of that space. We sure can do environmental-sound music, can't we?
On my own, I put ethnic instrument types into the mechanical sound called techno, trying to represent something like nature and the lives of people in the near future. Then somehow, that became the track for low-altitude missions. Moep? So what do you think of this kind of ambient Ace Combat?

Sound staffer Kakino Kanako

-------

I am happy that after working on AC2, I was able to participate this time too.
Although it's surprising how different this one is from the series so far, the Ace series is awesome, of course. This time, I did two pieces for the background music, and also added sounds to the movies, I hope you'll listen to them and be surprised in the game.

Sound staffer Ōkubo Hiroshi

-------

During production, I tried to fill my imagination, and went to the Itō Spa! Was the starfish there an illusion? Well sooomehow, if there really was a mollusk, it'd bitten my pointer finger! Thanks to that, I made phrases that don't use the index finger! Mr. Starfish, you were a real help!

Sound staffer Shiina Gō

-------

This time around, only participating for one song, I was in charge of the final song in "Electrosphere". With the keywords "insanity","computers" and "orchestra" at the base, I produced it by tying orchestral tones and synth sounds together. In order to ramp up the feeling of tension, we put a live performance at the core, so it took an awful amount of time to put the synth together in preparation for that. To make the tones, I was able to expand the image from the refined nuance of the word "computer".

Sound staffer Tatsuta Tomoko
_______
Track and credit list: unknown
Translation by BRPXQZME
Edited by DragonSpikeXIII
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:19 PM

Why does the second disc have the PS only symbol on it? It felt like the Sega Racing Car Championship album, but the game was included. I mistaken it for the actual game and almost gave this gem away.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:54 PM

If I remember correctly the second disc is an Append disc with bonus missions for the game as well.