VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:02 PM
Trusted Editor

Uh... yes they do... but okay. Whatever.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 03:59 PM

Uh late to the party but I'm taking this is pretty much out of print now...? Cripes... glad when I got this when I did.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 07:41 PM

It sucks that you have to buy the whole boxset to get Breath of Fire 1 discs. I was able to buy Silent Hill and Resident Evil cds previously unreleased from someone selling each individual disc from their respective boxsets on eBay.

Didn't buy the boxset because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiferalmasy
I am afraid to anyone with a decent understanding of game music should know that the BOF3 new releases (not the ones already released, they have just been slightly updated here), are crap. The reverb is wrong, the bass is wrong, the quality on some of the tracks amazes me.
Whoever did the remastering job on the new BOF3 releases needs help. Seriously I have a very good ear and I listen to BOF3 for hours before I made my final decision.
Bottom line, they ruined the new releases of BOF3. The remixes that they used are awful such as ODORO..they must have been on drugs.
The idea of a game soundtrack is to stay true to the original sound and add clarity, not put it through a remixer or move instrument levels, reverb and bass.
Sorry but I will do their job for them when I record the lot digitally using adobe audition, optical cables and Playstation 2 Optical out, as I did with the metal gear solid 2 and 2 substance music, my server is here >>>
http://www.rpgamers.info/showthread.php … #post35699
Chow.
The price on this box has skyrocketed. I wouldn't doubt someone will impulse buy this for the ridiculous amounts listed on vgmdb or yahoo japan resulting in the price becoming close to buying a PS4 or XBOXONE. Capcom needs to consider doing a reprint when they see people giving into that demand.

Last edited by Vert1; Dec 15, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 04:53 PM

That person is exaggerating; everything on the boxset sounds fine. The only thing they screwed up was the BoF3 boss theme.

Anyway, don't hold your breath (har) for a reprint. Capcom hates Breath of Fire.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
That person is exaggerating; everything on the boxset sounds fine.
I don't have a problem with BOF3 on the box but there are a few tracks that contain some differences that are kind of surprising. I believe one of the instruments used in "Intermission" is quite different than what was used in the game itself... which is just... odd.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
I don't have a problem with BOF3 on the box but there are a few tracks that contain some differences that are kind of surprising. I believe one of the instruments used in "Intermission" is quite different than what was used in the game itself... which is just... odd.
Yeah, the game version uses an electric piano and the OST version uses an electric organ.
Old May 22, 2014, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Uh... yes they do... but okay. Whatever.
Boxsets might sell for that much, but I've seen one particular Goemon CD that's selling for over $1000, and I think that is a ridiculously priced.

I however just purchased that 13 Disc Boxset for DBZ.. for $750 lol
Old Sep 24, 2014, 07:16 PM

Smile

Hey all! I got in contact with Yasuaki Fujita about the "True Ending" music and the unused Breath of Fire tracks that weren't on the album to see if he could break down the composers. Here's his message to me:

Hi, Patrick-san. I visited your Facebook page and found that you are the great fan of Breath of fire series. Thank you for your appreciation of my work.

As for the tracks you mentioned, "True Ending" and "The Lost Hero" are my compositions. I remember that I had composed "The Lost Hero" as a field map BGM but rejected.

Regarding to the others, I'm sorry that I can't give you certain answer because of my forgetfulness. But I suppose that "Special Item Fanfare" was composed by Yamaguchi-san in terms of its taste and feeling. "Dragon Heart", "Level Up!" and "The Fife" were composed by Tatsuya Nishimura, I believe. He took charge of sound effects and credited as "Anie" or "Any" in staff roll.

I left game industry several years ago. But If there is another opportunity, please offer your support again.

Best regards.
Yasuaki Fujita

So the breakdowns would be...

Yasuaki Fujita:
"True Ending"
"The Lost Hero" (I can see why this would've been rejected for a world map theme, seems very underdeveloped)

Possibly Tatsuya Nishimura:
"Dragon Heart" (makes sense, very similar to "Memories," the Dragon Shrine music)
"Level Up!"
"The Fife"

Possibly Mari Yamaguchi:
"Special Item Fanfare"
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:21 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

That's pretty straightforward then no big surprises, I must admit. That was really good of him to get back to you about it. Yay bunbun!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

I somehow managed to get a new/sealed of this. With the shrinkwrap still on, looks like there's a sticker on the front. Not sure if I'll be able to salvage the sticker when I unwrap this thing, but I'll get a scan of it first and put it in scans.

(related: Lackadaisical is the coolest)