VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes, Yoko Shimomura's Midiplex official site confirms she was a guest contributor on MM5
I believe you, I really do. I swear I remember reading this somewhere on her site.

But now that I'm looking, I can't find it anywhere. I've even checked archived older versions, and it doesn't appear to have ever been there. No luck on her blog either.

Is there another source for this? An interview, etc.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:25 AM
VGMdb Advisor

^^ I checked several places too and came empty handed. Even in this interview, she casually talks about Tateishi's Rockman 2, and her more obscure works at Capcom, but doesn't mention RM5 anywhere.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:55 AM
VGMdb Staff

Some times ago, I'll find this album on a Yahoo auction with this outer sticker glued on the plastic seal. Never seen after that; was it a first line print?

Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:38 AM

Just a quick survey on mastering quality - this is considered better than the rockcan, right?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 07:21 AM

In the third page of the booklet: http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=71996

there's a box mentioning "noise" and "monaural"... Seems related to disc 1. Anyone care to translate?

Last edited by The Gambler; Aug 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:07 PM

There is an audible "hum" on some of the tracks, like from an old TV. It's more noticeable on Rockman 1's music than anywhere else. But I find this release to have a very warm, friendly sound overall. The hum doesn't bother me enough to deter my enjoyment of the music, but it is there. NES music can often sound really harsh if it is not mastered right on CD.

I've spent minimal time on the Rockcan versions, but there is a point in Rockman 2 Dr. Wily Stage 1 (original) where the music clips badly enough that the lead cuts out for about a second (this was on one of the promo clips that were up). And the arranged versions (from the two Rockman singles) all have blown up volume levels, making their re-release useless.

Both releases are split into stereo...The releases are not mono (like All Sounds of FF 1 and 2 or the NES tracks on Super Mario World).
Old Apr 7, 2014, 05:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Has anyone contacted Shimomura or one of her Capcom coworkers and asked them about Mega Man 5 yet, or is it still completely unconfirmed that she did the Wily stage theme from that game? Still can't find any sort of official acknowledgment from anyone, nor any references in Japanese.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:53 PM

I couldn't find any confirmation either, hence why I removed any mention of her contributing to the game in her biography.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 04:21 PM

Added "Capcom Music Generation Famicom Music Complete Works Mega Man 1~6" as an alternate title. Did the same for a ton of other MM albums that were only coming up under searches for "rockman."

Last edited by Aifread; Sep 6, 2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 06:38 AM
VGMdb Staff

Added the official English title printed on the album spine and trays.