VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:28 PM
Trusted Editor

Hello!
This is my first contribution for this website.
I have tried to give the most information about this CD.
I have the original CD, but sorry I don't have scanner for more pictures. And this is very difficult to find scans for this rare album on the web, and other informations too.
This CD is an original album or an image album if you like, inspired by the manga Soldier Boy (but not mentioned on the jacket), so I don't know if I must write "Soldier Boy Original Album" for the title or not.
Hayato Kanbayashi is the main composer and arranger of this soundtrack, but there are some others arrangers probably (written in japanese on the folder).
I couldn't find the lyrics writers.
Secil and Shinichi Ishihara are the 2 singers, Secil (written in English on the folder) has a japanese name too (I don't know how to write it here)
Tracklist is written in english on the jacket so I needn't a translation for this.

Front Scan comes from www.suruga-ya.jp and Back Scan from Ebay where I found the CD.
Untitled scan can be erased (not a good quality).
I can provide some scans from the vinyl too (easier to find on the web).

And I have found information about this release here:
http://artist.cdjournal.com/d/-/1130003953

Last edited by SaintSquall; Apr 14, 2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

You can usually find vocal credits on anison: http://anison.info/data/source/24080.html

About the title, it's ok to add parts that are just on the obi/spine, especially if it makes the title a little more descriptive.

As for the other printings, you can add them using Edit -> Add a Child Album. Usually you want to make the one that came out first the parent (in this case the vinyl), but if the release date are somewhat close to each other, it's ok to make the CD parent so that the Side info from the vinyl/cassette doesn't propagate to the CD entry.
If you have some better (maybe not watermarked) pictures for the vinyl, feel free to submit them
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:26 PM
Trusted Editor

Hello, thanks for your post and your precious informations!
I'm not used to go to this website (Anison) but I'll know it for the future!
In fact "Original Album" is not mentioned on the obi too, , but this is one like many releases from the label Futureland in the 80's.
Ok if I find other pictures for the vinyl, I'll submit them ;-)
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
In fact "Original Album" is not mentioned on the obi too, , but this is one like many releases from the label Futureland in the 80's.
It is mentioned, although just in japanese (sorry for the crappy picture) http://i.imgur.com/VXEPJqn.jpg
Old Apr 15, 2015, 01:17 AM
Trusted Editor

Wink

Ah OK, thanks!
I don't read Japanese yet!