VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 9, 2017, 02:23 PM

Default CN-P018: Nintendo Sound Selection vol.2 Koopa <Loud Music>

Can someone source the confirmation from Mario Kart: Super Circuit composition? Did Minako Hamano composed everything, or what? And how we know she composed the theme contained in this album? I've only found this link confirming her compositions, but there is no reliable source to its information.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 02:45 PM

I'd suggest to not trust anything that doesn't appear properly credited on any soundtrack or official source. While I had started a lot of the composer pages of the Nintendo Wiki with accurate info, some users have "taken over" and started spreading song guesses. I guess that's expected to happen on open sites ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for what did Hamano do, the game simply credits her for "Sound" with the Intelligent Systems guys, so anybody could have done music, sound effects, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 02:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The composition credits for each of the three Nintendo Sound Selection albums are taken from who wrote the liner notes for each song. Should definitely not be taken as proof they wrote the rest of the soundtrack.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
The composition credits for each of the three Nintendo Sound Selection albums are taken from who wrote the liner notes for each song. Should definitely not be taken as proof they wrote the rest of the soundtrack.
That's the answer I needed
I wanted to know from where the credit on this album is. I knew the information on the Wikia had no source, but if the information WAS here, other source must have existed, and Chz just confirmed, thanks!
I'm in love with this game soundtrack, and I thought that maybe I was losing some interview with the sound crew somewhere, but that's not the case