VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:23 AM

no idea of the number of cds for the previous release
maybe 2cd+dvd

so, guessing the number of cds for this one since the price is cheaper
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:20 AM
VGMdb Staff

I tried to find info on this soundtrack earlier but I couldn't find anything except the catalog/JAN. Do you have any info on these CDs which are also probably related to Bravely Second?

Great Distance / ryo (supercell)
SRCL-8810~1 4988009107646
SRCL-8812~3 4988009107691
SRCL-8814 4988009107714
Old Apr 1, 2015, 06:46 PM

looks like both editions are three cd's. the limited edition will come with some postcards and the JP Square Enix e-store will include an Edea post card.

Great Distance is the theme song, which will not be on the soundtrack.

You can hear part of it in the new trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr4jx2u7QlY

Last edited by James O; Apr 1, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 06:56 AM
VGMdb Staff

That sounds like such a supercell song. I wonder why Koeda didn't sing it. It's been a while since ryo did a supercell release.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 05:00 AM

I asked CD Japan about this soundtrack, and they replied that they inquired with the publisher and were told that Amazon purchased the exclusive rights, so they won't be able to stock it.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 06:47 AM

My message to them yesterday was:

"The original soundtrack for Bravely Second: End Layer is available for pre-order on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_...bravely+second), so shouldn't it be available for pre-order on CD Japan too? I'd like to pre-order it before my reward points expire on April 13."

Their response last night was:

"Hello.

Thank you for contacting CDJapan.

We inquired the publisher about this.

They said that Amazon obtained the exclusive right to sell them (of course, as a part of marketing to try to promote themselves by forcing everyone to order from them).

So, it will be impossible for us to obtain them, because we know as a matter of fact that Amazon will never be interested in supplying such products to any other shop.

Sincerely,
Toshi Makiya
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/"

I sent them another message asking how this could be. Maybe we should all complain to Amazon and Square Enix Music?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 05:58 AM

Well, CD Japan now has the Great Distance CD, so we'll see. I sent them a message the other night questioning their statement and pointing out it was available in other stores that they haven't replied to yet (but it sometimes takes them a couple days).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 07:46 PM

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SQEX-10497

up for pre-order
Old Apr 5, 2015, 09:54 PM

So apparently the music sucks in this.

A shame considering how utterly wonderful the first one is.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:41 AM

How do you know it sucks? That's pretty subjective. The game/OST isn't even out yet.

I know not much can match what Revo did for the first game, but the guy got busy - they couldn't get him back for the second...
Old Apr 6, 2015, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
How do you know it sucks? That's pretty subjective. The game/OST isn't even out yet.
That's totally correct! Everyone should be patient and wait until we have the game or its soundtrack officially released. I guess it's a totally new direction in terms of what we've got from Revo... if it works we'll have to see. I think it's the same with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I wasn't very found of the preview samples so far, but well...
Old Apr 6, 2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
Yes, I got another message from them overnight:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry and we are glad to inform you we uploaded on
our website the CD that you were looking for.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SQEX-10494

Sincerely
-----------------
CDJapan support
[email protected]"

So it's weird that they initially said that thing about Amazon purchasing the exclusive rights. Someone over there must have gotten crossed wires.
Old May 22, 2015, 08:21 AM

I added the notes from the limited edition album, as well as the arranger and performer credits, if anyone could translate the tracklist that would be great. And, while not the quality of Revo's work, this is still certainly a great album, nowhere near how horrible people are treating it. I'm actually quite surprised, I didn't think I'd enjoy as many tracks as I am.

Though, just curious, wouldn't some of the credits in the notes field be different for the limited edition? Like, the package coordinator? Or are the credits shared between limited and standard release editions? Because if that's the case, then maybe the notes I just put in should only be put on the limited edition album page.

Here's my awful attempt at an English tracklist, again, if someone who's fluent or at least knowledgeable could try this it'd turn out a lot better I'm sure.

Quote:
Disc 1

01 Bravely Second Main Theme
02 The Imprisonment of Agnes
03 Are you ready?
04 Battle of Oblivion
05 Dawn
06 The Orthodox Capital, Guatelatio
07 This one is good too.
08 A Brief Rest
09 Imperial Army's Theme
10 Yu's Theme
11 Call to Adventure
12 Sound Striped Bell (this is so wrong, I just know it)
13 Bravely Second Joy of Victory
14 Hiding a Breath
15 At That Time
16 Invitation to Ordeal
17 Crisis Approaching
18 Date of Loss

Disc 2

01 Battle of Ordeal
02 Defeat Those Who
03 Chatting Over Second
04 Charan & Polan's Theme
05 Magnolia's Theme
06 Wandering in the Dark
07 Den of Demons
08 And Paddling a Yagurafune
09 Who are you laughing at?
10 Magical Academy City, Itsantar
11 Altair and Vega's Theme
12 Onsen Yunohana
13 To Wade in the Bathtub
14 Mountain Village, Kalurezato Sagitta
15 Huge Vessels of the Pirate Barbarossa, Large Super Ayat
16 Huge Vessels of Superstar Pudding, God Arrange

Disc 3

01 Beyond the Walls of a Number
02 It Will Issue Seriously!
03 I'm going all out!
04 I'm not licked!
05 Kick ass!
06 Airship
07 Battle of Anne
08 Battle of Diamante
09 Battle of Anne 2
10 The Road to God
11 Battle of Providence
12 Last Song Ending Ver.

Last edited by IJustDontKnowAnymore; May 23, 2015 at 01:18 AM. Reason: English tracklist attempt
Old May 31, 2015, 05:55 AM

Using a mix of Google search (usually the song name/phrase and "idiom", since these sounded idiomatic) and KanjiTomo, since I'm not really fluent in Japanese either...

オシャベリーセカンド - Blabbery Second (pun on "Bravely Second" and おしゃべり "talkative, chatty, blabbermouth")
本気出します! - I'm getting serious!
なめないでよね! - Don't make fun of me! / Don't underestimate me! (found this one on YT)
やっつけるぞ! - I'm gonna beat you!

Last edited by Kalavinka; May 31, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 02:33 PM

Can anyone put together a full English tracklist?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 02:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I made some improvements on what was there, but it could still use a few touch ups.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 06:43 PM

http://tumvue.com/tumblr/blog/eku53ru/post/120903474542

Might help.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:46 PM
Trusted Editor

I didn't see the discussion about titles before I started editing some so I may have wiped out some already preapproved/better versions but from the discussion here I'm not sure it was in a finalized state.

In any event, the blog that is linked here and on the tracklist as a link had some variations that were not present in the tracklist so I added them.

- Not sure of Ordeal or Tribulation sounds better, went with Tribulation per blog
- All of the idioms were lowercased and not in capital tracklist case, so those were corrected.
- Added a few commas in places that the blog had them, even though they're not on the actual titles.
- Switched the order of the city to the beginning from the end. Not sure it matters.
- I don't know where the é on Anné came from but I would presume it's something official.

Sorry if I messed something up, feel free to revert whatever.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
I didn't see the discussion about titles before I started editing some so I may have wiped out some already preapproved/better versions but from the discussion here I'm not sure it was in a finalized state.

In any event, the blog that is linked here and on the tracklist as a link had some variations that were not present in the tracklist so I added them.

- Not sure of Ordeal or Tribulation sounds better, went with Tribulation per blog
- All of the idioms were lowercased and not in capital tracklist case, so those were corrected.
- Added a few commas in places that the blog had them, even though they're not on the actual titles.
- Switched the order of the city to the beginning from the end. Not sure it matters.
- I don't know where the é on Anné came from but I would presume it's something official.

Sorry if I messed something up, feel free to revert whatever.
I had stuff like "I'm getting serious!" etc. in sentence case because they were, well, sentences.

Magnolia's battle theme should be left as is since that's exactly how it's written on the JP tracklist.

"Blabbery Second" was written such because that looked like (to me, at least) the best way to get the apparent pun across.

The é seems more like a pronunciation aid than anything (ie. Naminé from Kingdom Hearts being romanised slightly differently in JP [without accent] and EN [with accent]); I'm not sure if it'll carry over into the English localisation. A quick check through the Official Complete Guide doesn't give up any romanised names, but it may (or may not) be in something like the artbook.

Last edited by Kalavinka; Jul 22, 2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 01:24 PM
Trusted Editor

I only reverted your sentence case changes and left the other ones. Sentence case is never used in tracklists unless it's written exactly like that in English, it doesn't matter if it's an actual sentence or not. It's Title Case for Everything That's Translated. I don't know of this as a rule but it's a defacto standard pretty much everywhere. Also, you had spaces before the punctuation, which were removed
Old Jul 24, 2015, 01:24 PM

So, even if it's something is similar to track 3 on disc 3? Since that's written exactly in English and even includes the space before the punctuation, "I’m going all out !"? But regardless, since that's how it's written, shouldn't it stay that way for the English tracklist?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 03:40 PM
Trusted Editor

My mistake, didn't see the English on Disc 3 but yes, even if that one word is in English sentence case with a space preceeding the punctuation the all translated words are still in Title Case. Individual punctuation and formattings follows the Japanese as closely as possible, so if there was a space before it in the JP title I'd leave it there in the English one, but there isn't. And keep in mind that the standard "unicode gap" (i.e., the gap on thin characters like '!', ')', '(', etc.) is not the same thing as an extra space.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 03:21 AM

Hi--I translated and posted that tracklisting to tumblr and thought I'd give some additional comments here, as well. I hope these are useful!

- Battle of Ordeals vs. Tribulations - I went with the latter since the former sounded awkward to me, but either is correct. There was also some discussion in favor of ordeals due to religious references, too.
- I moved the town names in front since it reads better in English. Descriptive phrases in Japanese precede what they're describing, so leaving the names at the end is more literal.
- "Blabbery Second" is a great interpretation of the track title, Kalavinka! May I credit you and edit it into my post, too?
- Anné isn't official, but it's my own preferred spelling her name. Kalavinka is correct that the accent serves as a pronunciation aid like Naminé's does (アンネ = an'ne; ナミネ = nami'ne).
- I noticed the hyphen in Bath-Tub (disc 2, #13) was removed in the tracklisting--is there a reason for this? Given what it's referring to and Yew's naming conventions, styling it that way seemed to fit (I've beaten the game, if that helps).
- On Praline's track, Arr. was incorrectly expanded to arrange; it should be (musical) arrangement. I've already corrected this one.

If you have any questions/comments about the tracklisting, I'll do my best to help!

Last edited by eku53ru; Aug 18, 2015 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Minor rewording and forgot a sentence.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 01:16 PM

It took me a while to get to this mainly because of all the negative reviews, but I gave it a chance because my brother listened to it (he didn't like it but we wanted to compare opinions), and it ended up being terrible. It was Rise of Mana all over again. I also noticed that the soundtracks related to this game have some of the lowest ratings on VGMdb (one has a .5 rating with some votes).

I looked at some of the bigger reviews online where they praise it and sometimes consider it better than the first one, but I completely disagree.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 02:31 PM

Am I the only person here who thought it was better than Default's? The dungeon themes were a bit repetitive, but, other than that, it was excellent.

I actually hated it at first, even going as far to think that I would have to mute the music as I played the game. But, once I realized that it was a totally different style from Default's, and that that wasn't a bad thing, it started to grow on me.

Regardless, anyone who says the final boss theme sucks is either lying or deaf.
Old May 13, 2018, 02:59 AM

It's been a while since this album was released, but there's an official English tracklist on iTunes (although I'm not a huge fan of the localised titles).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/br...ack/1095525983

I figured we should add it to this page at some stage, and change the current English tracklist to an "English (Literal)" tracklist.

Note that the iTunes tracklist doesn't include the ending theme, but the title for that is already in English anyway.

EDIT: There's also an English tracklist on the Square Enix website.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/...dtrack-limited

To copy it down:

Spoiler:
Run time 2:38:35
Disc 1
1-1 Bravely Second Main Theme
1-2 Agnes in Captivity
1-3 Ready to Go?
1-4 Battle of Oblivion
1-5 The Curtain Rises
1-6 Gathelatio, Seat of the Orthodoxy
1-7 I'll Take This One Too
1-8 A Moment's Respite
1-9 The Imperial Army
1-10 Theme of Yew
1-11 The Adventure Begins
1-12 War Bells Toll
1-13 Joy of Victory – Bravely Second
1-14 Hold Your Breath
1-15 On That Day
1-16 A Trial Beckons
1-17 Impending Danger
1-18 Time of Loss
Disc 2
2-1 Punishing Battle
2-2 The Vanquished
2-3 A Second Chat
2-4 Sgt. Sapp and Pvt. Piddler
2-5 Theme of Magnolia
2-6 Adrift in Darkness
2-7 Den of Fiends
2-8 Row Your Boat
2-9 Insert Laughs Here?
2-10 Al-Khampis, Land of Learning
2-11 Theme of Altair and Vega
2-12 Yunohana, Land of Hot Springs
2-13 The Rubadub Sets Sail
2-14 Sagitta, Village in the Clouds
2-15 The Grand Ship – A Sea Shanty
2-16 The Grand Ship (Superstar Mix)
Disc 3
3-1 Overcoming Obstacles
3-2 Going Full Gravy
3-3 Le Grand Jeu
3-4 Don't Sell Me Short!
3-5 I've Got This!
3-6 Sailing the Skies
3-7 Battle with Anne
3-8 Battle with Diamante
3-9 Battle with Anne, Redux
3-10 Path to the Celestial
3-11 Battle with Providence
3-12 Last Song – Ending Version

Last edited by MBgov1133; May 13, 2018 at 03:05 AM.