VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 19, 2024, 07:39 AM

A breakdown on who is known to have done which track. All nine tracks new to the game have confirmed composer credits, thanks to correspondence with Takahiro Eguchi and Kazuhiro Kobayashi.
  • StreetPass Menu - Takahiro Eguchi
  • Ancient Ruins - Takahiro Eguchi
  • Bowling Alley Rooftop - Kazuhiro Kobayashi
  • Cathedral - Ayako Saso
  • Desert Wasteland - Takahiro Eguchi
  • Lotus Hall - Takahiro Eguchi
  • Temple of Dragon - Yousuke Yasui
  • Wasabi Body Blow (Wrecked Dojo) - Takahiro Eguchi
  • Zaibatsu Headquarters - Takahiro Eguchi

More detailed write-ups about each composers' involvement:

Yoshihito Yano, Akitaka Toyama, Ryuichi Takada, Tetsuya Uchida, Junichi Nakatsuru, Keiichi Okabe, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Satoru Kosaki, Nobuyoshi Sano
All of these composed tracks that were merely recycled from Tekken 6. and one from Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and are credited for each track on the respective OSTs. Specifically:
  • Blue Wall (6 PSP; Tohyama)
  • Broken Ties (6 PSP; Yano)
  • Spider (6 PSP; Uchida)
  • Dust Thins Out (6; Okabe)
  • Un Deux Trois (Tag Tournament 2; Sano)
  • Detune (6; Okabe)
  • Cemetery (6; Hamamoto)
  • Artificial Ruins (6; Kosaki)
  • Rustic Asia (6; Hamamoto)
  • Midtown Roars (6; Takada)
  • Yodeling In Meadow Hill (6; Okabe)
  • Fist Festival (6; Hosoe)
  • Never Ending (6; Okabe)
  • Blowin' Up The Enemy (6; Nakamura)
  • Sacred Dark (6; Okabe)
  • Side Winder (6 PSP; Yano + Nakatsuru)
  • Dust Comp (6; Okabe)
  • Game Over (6; Okabe)
Neither Hamamoto or Hosoe are listed as composers, but Hamamoto is also listed as assistant sound director and Hosoe as an executive sound producer for SuperSweep's part of the project.

Ayako Saso
Saso only composed Cathedral, according to Eguchi. This one did not surprise me.

Yousuke Yasui
Yasui's old works list mentions composing one track for the game too. He composed Temple of Dragon, according to Eguchi. I was surprised since it's in a genre he rarely does (nu metal) and had thought he had composed Desert Wasteland due to its funkiness, but it's actually Eguchi.

Kazuhiro Kobayashi
Kobayashi mentioned in a tweet from 2012 that he composed one stage theme for the game. He confirmed that he composed Bowling Alley Rooftop.

Takahiro Eguchi
In an interview with VGM Online, Eguchi's answer regarding his Tekken 3D work:
Quote:
For this project, I made background music for things like the new stages and the system screens. The entire Tekken series has a very stylish, modern sound throughout. After taking this in account, I did my best to ensure my compositions also gave off a general refreshing vibe.
Eguchi listed six tracks as his work in email correspondence, leaving the other three composers to have composed one track each. The title for Wrecked Dojo, "Wasabi Body Blow" is known thanks to its inclusion in Taiko no Tatsujin, which also confirms him as the composer of that track.

It would be great to see a proper OST release for this game one day, without it being trapped in 3DS ADPCM compression. This game has been swept under the rug as it's a spinoff developed by Arika, but maybe its time will come.

Last edited by fusoxide; Yesterday at 06:22 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM

We now have a full breakdown on who did what! Thanks to Eguchi for finally putting all the jigsaw pieces together. Quite a few I was surprised about, with a couple of composers tackling genres that they usually haven't done elsewhere.