VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 30, 2020, 09:33 PM

I ordered this from Tano C and they mailed me a book and then told me it is NOT a CD, only a download.

So, which is it? Is it a CD, or is it a digital download only because now I'm out $30 and TANO C is blaming me for not seeing it is a book only.

Nothing on their site shows it is a Book, they use the very same picture and i assumed it was a rectangular digipack. They show a tracklist and a soundsample of the music.

I'm beyond upset tbh, being treated like trash by Tano C is too much.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 09:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know if the message was there before when you ordered it, but the TANO*C store listing does mention in Japanese that this is a book with a download code and not a CD: ※本商品はCDではなく、DLコードが記載された「本」となります。 I've fixed this album entry.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:12 PM

So, if you don't speak Japanese, but they offer over-seas service through Tenso, yet list a tracklist and sound samples and VGMDB lists it as a CD. How is it my fault exactly. I had no idea TANO C sells books, everything i see there is CD soundtracks.

No excuse for reprehensible customer service. Also, why was this listed as a CD here to begin with if a CD does not even exist. I don't want this book that is basically a fake catalog. I don't *often* buy digital music, i support physical sales. I hate Tano C, i hope they go out of business.

Last edited by KallenX; Jul 30, 2020 at 10:15 PM.