VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 10, 2017, 09:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

Default Jump Up, Super Star! / The Super Mario Players feat. Kate Davis

Knowing Nintendo, this doesn't mean they're going to start selling their music digitally. This will be a one-off thing - I guarantee it.

Also, this is the first confirmation that Naoto Kubo is involved on Odyssey (it was nice of them to give us that credit). I wonder how many other composers worked alongside Yokota on this game.

Last edited by cal; Oct 22, 2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:05 AM

I grabbed that mp4 and looked in the tags too hoping to find some details. It was nice of them to throw that in there. I wish it was the full version though.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:13 AM

Kate Davis is in the DB.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:50 PM

I hope they'll release a full or semi-full soundtrack of the game's remaining music as well! Now, as Club Nintendo doesn't exist anymore...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 01:19 PM
VGMdb Staff

They have a new rewards service called My Nintendo, but it's a disaster compared to Club Nintendo. It launched almost 2 years ago and there have been 0 physical rewards for US/EU and only 1 physical reward in Japan - a Breath of the Wild poster. As someone else put it: it's a rewards program with no rewards. All my points are likely to expire without being used.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:35 AM

Well, maybe Nintendo finally starts to sell their music digital like this one? Who knows...? Even a traditional company like this should move along with the future.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:53 AM
VGMdb Staff

That's one option... or they could let another label release it like with Fire Emblem and Splatoon. The problem is that they seem to be very protective of their biggest titles. Nintendo had no problem with Symphony No.5 releasing soundtracks for Majora's Mask 3D and Twilight Princess HD but, for whatever reason, they haven't allowed them release a soundtrack for BotW yet.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
That's one option... or they could let another label release it like with Fire Emblem and Splatoon. The problem is that they seem to be very protective of their biggest titles. Nintendo had no problem with Symphony No.5 releasing soundtracks for Majora's Mask 3D and Twilight Princess HD but, for whatever reason, they haven't allowed them release a soundtrack for BotW yet.
I received my copy of BotW yesterday, so I never played that yet, but honestly - the music isn't that great to receive a soundtrack release apart from the sampler we already got. Don't get me wrong - it seems to be a great game and the low-key, minimalistic music fits it quite well.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:03 PM
VGMdb Staff

I want a BotW soundtrack if only for the track from trailer #3 (orchestrated by Kosuke Yamashita).

I quite enjoy the minimalist/ambient field music, but there's still several other tracks that weren't on the selection CD (Korok Forest, Tarrey Town, Divine Beasts, Ganon, Dragons, Hyrule, etc.).

Last edited by cal; Nov 3, 2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 08:54 AM

I too, want a release of the Odyssey soundtrack, but for now, it seems impossible.. but let's not put it as super impossible, yet. Odyssey has sold amazingly.. so it's gotta come, one way or another..

I wouldn't mind Nintendo going digital for their soundtracks.. ALL titles, no matter how little.. like how Ubisoft releases soundtracks.. ARMS deserved a soundtrack among many other titles.. so long as they are in FLAC.

ALSO god do I want that Zelda trailer music too! I remember the hype that music gave me. WHY we haven't gotten it yet is something I cannot begin to think why.