VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:01 AM

Added detailed credits to the notes section.

And also, just out of curiosity: has anyone actually found any info regarding this "band" named Roadkill?

Nowhere in the CD is this "band" credited, plus vocals are actually attributed to both Howard Drossin and Tim P.

I for once just think that the name is simply a nod to Sketch Turner's pet rat.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I guess if there's no evidence that Roadkill is the name of some performer, then we should probably remove it.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 03:24 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

From Comix Zone wikipedia:
Quote:
The European release of the Mega Drive and the Windows PC versions of the game included the Sega Tunes: Comix Zone soundtrack, which contains 'enhanced' music taken from the game's soundtrack and played by a full rock band with vocals named 'Roadkill' (the main character's pet rat, as well as a playable item; see above). The soundtrack was later released in North America under the Sega Tunes label.
Interview with Peter Morawiec
Quote:
We were supposed to have a different CD bundled in - original Comix Zone music re-recorded by a real grunge band Howard (Drossin) put together in L.A., with vocals and all, but marketing decided to do their own thing at the last minute. We were all pretty bummed about it, Howard in particular. The original CD was still actually made in a limited run and distributed with some magazine as a promo, if I remember properly.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:23 PM

Sorry to bump this, but this should probably have the Sega Tunes release as a child entry since they're exactly the same.

Additionally, this CD is different, art-wise, from the US Windows release, which I just found out I own. The US release comes in a cardboard slipcover with full performer and recording credits. I think the notes for this release should be changed to remove the mention of the US Windows release since it seems it was exclusive to the European Mega Drive version.

Edit: Additionally the game was released worldwide on the Genesis / Mega Drive in 1995, not 1996. The CD also has a 1995 copyright date.

Last edited by Foxhack; Mar 15, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 09:30 AM

The different releases of this Comix Zone album are a bit of a clusterfuck. Different roles are assigned to different individuals, and locations differ. I wonder how that went. At least all three seem to agree on performers. Not on arrangers, I think, as the PC bonus disc suggests Tim P. also collaborated on that (Music and Lyrics by: Howard Drossin and Tim P.)

Last edited by Lashiec; Dec 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM.