VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:57 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Contains the same music as the digital release.
Shouldn't the game's title be changed to Steins;Gate 変移空間のオクテット? At least, that's what the game is called on the official site. It also printed on the cover.
"Steins;Gate 8bit" seems to be the working title.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:43 AM
VGMdb Advisor

ARISE THREAD!

Agreed with AcidBeast, there needs to be a parent-child relationship with the digital release. It's second-for-second the same album with the same music, same 53 tracks, same track times.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:07 AM
VGMdb Staff

It depends I guess. When I came here, I saw a lot of examples where the media number also had to be the same in order to make the master release-reprint grouping (so let's say one CD but two vinyls, same music, same order, still wasn't a reprint). I assumed it was a rule.

And nowadays aren't we simply throwing in the trash all digital releases with the exact same release date (or later, relative to the CD date) if having the same content as the physical release? So one might even say this entry for the digital release isn't needed at all (enough just to mention it in the notes).

Troubles, troubles.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Agreed. We also don't have any reference as to where to buy the digital, or why it's broken into two artificial "discs"...

Yes?