VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 11, 2022, 07:28 PM

The Top 5+ Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Cordless Drills - What the In-Crowd Will Not Tell You!

Cordless drills have become more and more popular today as they can be a big time-saver for professional contractors other than DIYers. Thanks to their excellent drill features, these devices turn into something you cannot do without.

You may not be able to get enough of their extraordinary power and a high degree of versatility. And, that’s Nnot all – , they will protect you from the troublesome of pulling hauling the cord along with difficulty around your place or job site.

To make your choice more comfortable, we have spent hours researching to ultimately provide you with all the information which you need to know before you are in the market for a model.

See Also: The 10 Best Cordless Drills For Home Improvement and Professional Projects

1. Astonishing Battery Power and Long Runtimes

Many top cordless drills these days run on Li-On (lithium-ion) batteries. The perks these batteries bring is that they are rechargeable as well as offering significantly more power compared to the traditional cellsbatteries. They can power drills with motors that ofrequire 450 watts or more.

The units at 18 Volts often deliver more speed and torque as opposed to the smaller 12-Vot products. What is more, lithium batteries usually provide longer runtimes and are capable of holding the charge for reasonably an extended period of time; a couple of models can keep their charge for as many long as 18 months - for instance, the LDX120PK Lithium-Ion Drill drill at 20V MAX from BLACK & DECKER.Black & Decker.

2. Sufficient Torque

Torque is the drill power’s measure, and it is often calculated in inches. If you plan on using the your power tool to perform masonry jobs or drill pretty tricky woodworking, a lot of torque will be necessary to get the job done. Less powerful and small devices are ideal for small jobs like lighter woodworking. Meanwhile, a heavy-duty drill generates gets more than 450 inches each pound of torque.

3. Variable RPMs

RMP RPM is short for revolutions per minutes, which is the measure of the speed of drills rotationwithout the cord. The best cordless drill brands come with variable speed settings that provide you with a complete control over your drill. A lot of Many drills feature two-speed transmission, thus allowing you to set the speed at 0-1300 or 0-400400 RPM or 1300 RPM.

4. Chuck Size

Also, be sure you think aboutAlso make sure to consider the chuck size. Many models sport a one 1/21½”- inches chuck while some come with one a 3/8”-inches chuck. Its size informs you about the upper limit for the bits’ shank size that your tool can keep – most substantial bits typically have broader shanks. Plus, the chuck size tracks your model’s capability and power – more powerful drills often feature a larger chuck.

5. A Decent Warranty

It is another crucial feature to account for when purchasing a drill for the money is the warrantee period. Numerous cordless drills provide a five-year, or three-year warranty; some even offer a for life onelife warranty. Sometimes, you will find a couple of models with a two-year warranty. Either this or that, be sure that the warranty gives a satisfying coverage of the driver/ drill and the battery as they tend to be the first part that becomes damaged.

6. Comfortable Handling

A decent drilling tool without the cord should be lightweight and compact to move quickly into tight places, with a grip that delivers a soft feel in your hand to prevent blisters.

7. Included Kit Accessories

Best rated cordless tools, in general, contain one full accessory kit with everything necessary to kick off your project. In general, you should You will be able to find get these components therealong with your cordless drill: cordless drill/driver, charger, battery, and other tools you may need, such as bits or screws.

Find More Information: What is the best drill

In Short

After reading through our buying guide, it is about time you made an informed decision. You had better find a model with a lot of torque and power for drilling, one battery pack with a lot of juice, as well as advantageous features like multiple gears and speed settings.

Last edited by henryevans; Apr 6, 2023 at 10:54 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:51 PM

Hey! I go to your site to check out the redbook audio section: https://minirevver.weebly.com/redboo...dio-music.html

Quick question, though: do any 3DO CDs actually work in a CD player? Because I've tried Super Street Fighter II Turbo, but it didn't. And I've tried an ISO of Sailor Moon S and autoplay didn't recognize it as an audio CD. Both of these games are listed on your 3DO section: https://minirevver.weebly.com/3do-cd-music.html

Thanks for your impressive archive!

(By the way, I'm in the process of trying to acquire a game that's on your 'check' list that hasn't been dumped yet in hopes to get its CD audio tracks. It's an FM Towns game.)
Old Apr 17, 2022, 06:24 AM

Hey Jedi Questmaster, good question.

When it comes to 3DO I'm gonna have to double check most of those later, that whole redbook project is WIP and more recent than the rest. The most detailed pages are PS1 and Saturn where I've downloaded and examined the discs, see the audio formats pages for those (I've checked them by mounting the iso and if it opens in WMP I mention that and if it has more than a warning message only). I also just realized the other day I can use jPSXdec on Saturn game discs though it's not designed for it.

For now, if it's a multiplat game where the other ports use redbook it's likely that's the case on 3DO too.

Nice, would appreciate if you can upload some footage or audio from it and provide audio format info!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 09:21 PM

I'll probably upload a YouTube video, seeing as there's no footage of this game.

Heroes of the Lance:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ee2nx525g...6009193843.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ee2nx525g...2401103597.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ee2nx525g...5967709693.jpg

I way overpayed for it, though. (You don't want to know how much (but you can probably find out easily).)

Also, I never really had intentions of dumping the game. I just wanted to rip the redbook (if it uses CD audio) and scan the artwork.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:39 AM

Oh wow, I had that game on SMS back in the day. Got it based on the cool dragon rider cover art but the game was basically unplayable. Probably better on PCs though as most CRPGs were then.

Edit:
Oh yeah, I started on the '90s page. Two years covered so far.
https://minirevver.weebly.com/popular-1990s-osts.html
Old May 9, 2022, 01:39 PM

1992-1993:
https://minirevver.weebly.com/popula...1992-1993.html

YT is being weird, actually had trouble re-finding some of the most popular ones when making the playlists and it had just been a couple of weeks. Also seems harder to find the most viewed video now, you gotta scroll further down almost every time.

Last edited by ommadawnyawn; May 9, 2022 at 01:44 PM.