VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:47 AM

5.1 DTS Surround demo disc.

The mods wanted to see this disc before deciding if it belonged in the database.

I did not know how I should list it, since it was a demo disc used at a Best Buy Magnolia Theater for a couple of weeks to demonstrate their surround units back in 2009 (IIRC). So I put it as an "EVENT" and used 2009 as the "Release Date". I was also unsure as to who to list as the "Publisher" (Best Buy?). All the info may need some tweaking by the mods as they decide what is more appropriate, should they decide to keep the entry.

I'm having trouble uploading the pictures, so those are pending.

I had previously mentioned that this was a lightscribe CD-R, but it's actually Dead To Rights which is the lightscribe that a friend gave me.

Last edited by Lich King; Aug 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:56 AM
VGMdb Staff

Well, a tough one... It's not really an event in the sense we use it here (E3, TGS, Comiket etc.) It's more like a... promotional item.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 04:44 PM

I agree, I see this as a promotional item that wasn't available to the general public.