VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:49 PM

How do I add a hidden track that this version have and the US release don't? I'll add scans and composer/performer breakdown by the weekend.

Also, I don't know why this "(" is showing, I checked the title I put, and it's right.

Last edited by Robert_Chrystian; Jun 11, 2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

If the number of tracks is different it shouldn't be a child album. I've separated the entries so you can submit the tracklist now.

The ( showed because it was a reprint and the full title would say (reprint of *catalog*), but it was too long so it just showed that.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
If the number of tracks is different it shouldn't be a child album. I've separated the entries so you can submit the tracklist now.

The ( showed because it was a reprint and the full title would say (reprint of *catalog*), but it was too long so it just showed that.
Thanks, Illidan
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:01 AM

wait. I own this cd, there is no hidden track anywhere.

and.... brazillian version???
no, this is a European version.
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Music...elease/5878241

I added the price equivalent to Euro, since that time there was no euro. That was the equivalent price back then.
My copy was own in contest, in which I believed it was the score. My country has no idea what is the difference between vocal compilations and scores. And then they call them all the same.

Anyway... or the catalog number is wrong, if it's suposed to be a brazilian cd, or the brazilian cd is a bootleg. This has no hidden track whatsoever.
Because, european and brazilian cd with the same exact catalog number.... and with an extra.... (hidden track), seems suspicious for me.

Last edited by RomanticScent; Jun 12, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 05:47 AM

About the catalog number, it's in my CD and in the Discogs reference. I think you can see on the list that the catalog numbers are the same for the german and the brazilian edition, with only a "-" of difference. It is the brazilian version, because it's in portuguese, and it's no bootleg. I'm already with the scans, but I'll only have time to edit them later or tomorrow.

About the hidden track, I recommend you to read this page's trivia about the CD, and here is a print of the album in EAC, with the hidden track clearly listed. Take your conclusions. I'll edit everything properly when I post the scans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
wait. I own this cd, there is no hidden track anywhere.

and.... brazillian version???
no, this is a European version.
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Music...elease/5878241

I added the price equivalent to Euro, since that time there was no euro. That was the equivalent price back then.
My copy was own in contest, in which I believed it was the score. My country has no idea what is the difference between vocal compilations and scores. And then they call them all the same.

Anyway... or the catalog number is wrong, if it's suposed to be a brazilian cd, or the brazilian cd is a bootleg. This has no hidden track whatsoever.
Because, european and brazilian cd with the same exact catalog number.... and with an extra.... (hidden track), seems suspicious for me.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 06:06 AM

Here's the two catalog numbers, for the german and the brazilian one. Note that the german is "7567-83261-2", with two dashes, and the brazilian is "756783261-2", without the first dash.

Now take a look at the booklet back scan of it that I just got. The number is exactly the same as the Discogs says for the brazilian one. The same number is also in the CD matrix (note also the portuguese text in the right, it says "under license of Warner Bros Brazil Limited."). It seems pretty official to me.

Last edited by Robert_Chrystian; Jun 12, 2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 06:06 AM

what is that icon for that track17 ?
other icons for music but track17's icon looks like an icon for text or something not related to music
Old Jun 12, 2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
what is that icon for that track17 ?
other icons for music but track17's icon looks like an icon for text or something not related to music
Yeah, I tried to rip it now, but it seems that I can't keep it selected on EAC. Must be the video file, I don't know, but it turns out that it really has not a 17th track. Removed from the tracklist, and if Illidan can, please put it back as a child album.

EDIT: Couldn't remove track 17. Please, if someone could remove it, do it, I can't.

Last edited by Robert_Chrystian; Jun 12, 2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 06:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Does the other release have the data track?
Because if it doesn't, it should be in the tracklist and this shouldn't be a child album regardless.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 09:02 AM

ok. that track17 is a data track.
the germany release has the data track too. Same contents.
I knew something was not right about that hidden track thing. And that "dashing" issue really is pain. I only noticed the the same numbers and the last dash. not the other one.
And that "Hyper Cd" comes from where? The sticker says

Quote:
Special CD Enhanced with never-before-seen film footage

Last edited by RomanticScent; Jun 12, 2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 08:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Found an actual back scan of the US version that mentions the data track too, so I merged the entries again.

I don't really know what this scan is for, maybe another release without the data track: http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=193809

Removed the price here, I think it should stay unknown since the cd was apparently sold in several countries with the same catalog, and I don't really think we should use euro when it wasn't around at the time of the release.
Can anyone with the european version confirm if on the disc (not in the barcode) the catalog is written as "7567-83261-2" or "756783261-2"?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 03:09 AM

Added scans. Please, remove the second "Booklet p. 01" I've added by mistake.

Man... Spent at least two hours in this notes. I never heard this album, so I took information from various sources. Some things I'd like to point out:

- Used the real names for Mandah (Willa Ford), Vitamin C (Colleen Fitzpatrick), Angela Vía (Angela Trullinger);
- Put the members of M2M between parenthesis (Marion Ravn, Marit Larsen), from an information of Wikipedia;
- There is a possibility that T. Loeffler (track 01) is John Loeffler (track 01 backing vocals, track 16). It was incertain, so I put them as two different people;
- Put the composers full name instead of the abbreviated name for every name confirmation I've got from the booklet ("M. Ravn" as Marion Ravn, "P. Zizzo" as Peter Zizzo, etc)
- Do the guys here consider people who do "Clap", "Scratching", "Drum Proggraming" and things like that as performers? I put it in the notes, but not in the "Performers" field.
- Don't know if I've put duplicated composers/performers, they are A LOT to remember.

Again, this is not a bootleg and THIS IS NOT THE GERMAN VERSION. If there is a german version, it don't have PORTUGUESE text informing that it was MADE IN BRAZIL, and it's certainly not this one. Please, Illidan, change it to brazilian (if there's a way to do that).

Last edited by Robert_Chrystian; Jun 13, 2015 at 03:11 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Can anyone with the european version confirm if on the disc (not in the barcode) the catalog is written as "7567-83261-2" or "756783261-2"?
7567-83261-2. The scan you put is the european version.

Robert's covers, are brazilian. in the back picture, in left side, it is written in brazilian where it was manufactured and released and all that. The cd is also in portuguese. So those covers that are in this entry that was decided to be the Germany release, are in the wrong place. I never scanned my cd. But when I do have time I will offer covers from my version.

Last edited by RomanticScent; Jun 13, 2015 at 03:51 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 03:52 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
7567-83261-2. The scan you put is the european version.
It's from the US version (read the text and catalog on the disc), which I guess is the same except for some text and the catalog on the disc.

@Robert_Chrystian: we don't put Programmers in the performer field (since they have their own role), but everything else you mentioned yes, it should be in the performer field.

I don't think we have a brazilian region so I changed this to US (with some notes), and made yet another entry for the european one.

Last edited by Illidan; Jun 13, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 04:08 AM

Quote:
@Robert_Chrystian: we don't put Programmers in the performer field (since they have their own role), but everything else you mentioned yes, it should be in the performer field.

I don't think have a brazilian region so I changed this to US (with some notes), and made yet another entry for the european one.
Done.

"Gary Carolla (All keyboards and drums programming)" - Don't know if I should remove him, though. Don't know if the programmed both keyboards and drums or played keyboards/programmed the drums.

EDIT: If you don't mind, could you remove the "Front (small)" scan too? Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2015, 07:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

^ Take note the people in the brackets should be writers, a US style of crediting that means both composition and lyrics so not all of them are only composers (also do you notice the lyricist field is empty on a vocal album? it's because of this).

In the cases when it's impossible to know who did the music and who did the lyrics (at least not without further research), I just leave everyone in the notes but keep the composer field empty.

Thank you for the scans and all the info.

Last edited by Efendija; Jun 13, 2015 at 08:18 AM.