VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 14, 2009, 05:02 PM

This particularly release was cancelled after it was delayed from January 15. It was replaced with GFCA-153 that will be released on March 11, 2009. Information about that was submitted to the site by Otaku a few days ago. Maybe the two entries should be merged or the LC one given the cancelled sign.

Last edited by Chris; Jan 14, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 06:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

LC-1715 is sort of an internal catalog number. Granted, there are some albums released that still use the LC- stem, but most of them are given real cat numbers (e.g. Genso Suikoden 3 Original Soundtrack was KMCA-164~5 but also LC-1133~4.)

But even if that weren't the case, this is just a delay of the same album, so I think we should combine the two entries into this entry (since this one has several linkbacks already) giving it the new release date and cat number.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:09 PM

Sounds good to me. Cleaner too. But something's weird...

It is interesting that Konami has samples and what not here but I assume this is an old page. There'd be no point in releasing a soundtrack twice, right? Something to do with Konami Style vs. other Konami releases perhaps?

I'll put it back to official release. At least reverting the release date was definitely the right thing to do.

Last edited by Chris; Jan 14, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
VGMdb Administrator

According to what we've usually done, we should set this entry as a cancelled release (and make a note of the delay). It's important to tell people that a certain catalogue number wasn't ever released.

Also, I'm going to go through the Konami releases soon and fix the organization links. Konami stopped releasing albums under Konami Music Entertainment a while ago -- now it's either Konami Digital Entertainment or Konami Multi-Media. Also, the LC- stem is not necessarily an internal one -- if you look at some of the obi scans, the LC stems themselves may have internal TGCS- catalogue numbers. That's why it's important to preserve the distinction between LC- and GFCA-. Different catalogue number, definitely a separate entry.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I guess my only concern is that when GFCA-153 finally does come out, it'll have a LC-1715 on the cover or obi somewhere too, because this is a postponement and not a cancellation. But, I guess we won't know that for couple of months.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:33 AM

My main fear is that both albums will be released, though I have no idea why. I'd presume that link posted was updated on January 14 in Japan, hence the album was released then. Sorry for assuming that one was cancelled, but I just don't understand the logic of having two seemingly identical releases. Maybe we'll understand more in March.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 02:46 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think it already happened in the past (but I can't remember with which album): first the album is available only through the Konami Style website, and then it is released in stores.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 02:09 PM

Any news? Why would they release the same album under two different catalog numbers? And why release it on Konami Style and later release it normally?

Maybe LC is supposed to be a sample, but they released some albums under LC so it can't be. Or LC is supposed to be sold in a bundle or limited edition. Or they just like to be confusing for no reason.

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Mar 6, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I guess my only concern is that when GFCA-153 finally does come out, it'll have a LC-1715 on the cover or obi somewhere too, because this is a postponement and not a cancellation. But, I guess we won't know that for couple of months.
I think what I predicted proved true. L3000 uploaded some scans where GFCA-153 is printed plainly on the Obi and other contents, and LC-1715X is printed on the disc. I don't think there was (or will be) a separate LC-1715 release. Unless someone has some other thoughts about this, we're going to have to sew these two entries up. This will have to be done carefully, because both albums have refbacks, are in collections, and have a lot of views.

On the other hand, maybe the original intention was to release LC-1715, and after the delay they changed the cat number to LC-1715X . I don't really know much about how the LC numbers work. If that's the case here, then maybe we do want to keep this around and file it as Recalled/Cancelled.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:38 AM

LC was the Konamistyle release, just as simple as that.

Where's the big deal?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

In that case the uploaded scans are for the wrong album...

But thanks for that image, now we definitely know it was released under both catalogue numbers.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 08:23 AM

People only believe pictures nowadays.

Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:07 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Come on now, you were just as confused as the rest of us =)
Old Mar 26, 2009, 09:41 AM

No wait, I got confused after reading this misleading thread - I had seen the LC version several times before.

Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:58 AM

Oops, I didn't pay attention to the catalogue numbers, sorry.

Last edited by L3000; Mar 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 02:12 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I finally got around to moving the scans over to GFCA-153.
Old May 21, 2009, 09:32 AM

Sometimes, catalog number changes in different editions of the same release. First press have one catalog number, and second have a new CN with the first edition CN between brackets. I have a second edition of 'Smile' album by THE YELLOW MONKEY and it's the same. I think this is chaotic for users. Only one month, right, but Konami must be sold out the LC-1715 and now the GFCA-153 is the only one release.

I think two catalog numbers are first and second edition of the same title, both official releases.

Excuse my poor English. Regards. ^^
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:57 AM

Okay, I've seen it numerous times now: Incorrect tracklistings. Isn't VGMdb like: Take the info from the official Credits, and be as accurate as possible?

Why then is it possible that some guys submit wrong tracklistings and staff don't notice it? I mean, if you do it, do it right. (No offense here, just my opinion.)

Please teach me, if I am wrong about something here; but as I see it, the current tracklisting for this is just not correct. The official one, as clearly seen on the back picture, looks quite different.

EDIT: I see the tracklisting was taken from Insert 2. Though, I'd still take the one from the Back picture, given the way the one @ Inset 2 is written.

Last edited by Zethe; Jul 10, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:33 AM
VGMdb Administrator

To be fair, many tracklists are submitted long before we have any scans. They come from official sources where available, or other sites like Joshinweb. If you see errors, please don't hesitate to fix them.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethe View Post
Why then is it possible that some guys submit wrong tracklistings and staff don't notice it? I mean, if you do it, do it right. (No offense here, just my opinion.)
There can be multiple official sources for tracklistings. Some of them may contradict each other.

Some of our tracklists have also been "corrected" from official misprints.

In any case, it would be helpful to point out "inaccurate" tracklistings that have not been properly clarified (either in the notes or in the discussion threads), without jumping to conclusions.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:53 AM

Hey, I didn't want to sound harsh; if that was the case, I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
...many tracklists are submitted long before we have any scans. ...
Indeed, I thought about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
There can be multiple official sources for tracklistings. Some of them may contradict each other. ...
I tend to always tag/credit according to the official CD, Booklet and stuff. One exception being Artist names. I favor real names as opposed to Aliases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
... In any case, it would be helpful to point out "inaccurate" tracklistings that have not been properly clarified (either in the notes or in the discussion threads), without jumping to conclusions.
Seeing the Insert 2 scan, the tracklist isn't really wrong. I admit I didn't look at every Scan when I wrote my previous post.
Comparing Insert 2 to the Back scan, different people probably have different opinions about which tracklist should be used.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:05 PM

Are all the tracks credited to Yasushi Asada original tracks composed for this game? And are all the tracks by Konami Kukeiha Club and Michiru Yamane from earlier Castlevania games, but arranged for this game?
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinHarmony View Post
Are all the tracks credited to Yasushi Asada original tracks composed for this game? And are all the tracks by Konami Kukeiha Club and Michiru Yamane from earlier Castlevania games, but arranged for this game?
Yes.

(filler text because of stupid message limits)