VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:01 PM

Default Wondering about digital indie music releases

Just wondering, does VGMdb track digital albums (legal ones, of course!) too? I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. I've searched for a few things here, and if we can add them then I'll gladly start submitting all the stuff I've purchased recently in indie bundles and whatnot.

I was also wondering about digital releases that were later rereleased. Stuff like http://vgmdb.net/album/25236 and http://vgmdb.net/album/25237 , which are now sold on Bandcamp (at a lower price), and were made available in an indie game bundle. Should I add these rereleases as a new entry, or just modify the existing one, mentioning the new release?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

We do cover digital releases, so they are candidates for submission if you have them.

If an album is released though, we rarely add another entry. You can add the additional release info to the notes field if you would like.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:11 PM

I was also going to ask about stuff like the World of Goo soundtrack. - http://vgmdb.net/album/11745

So free albums like that are OK too. Great.

I actually have a huge list of free or almost free soundtracks over here, originally compiled by the Good Old Games forum users, and I'll be adding some stuff from there over here.

Think of it as my way of thanking you guys for being a source of info for my RateYourMusic submissions.

(I swear I'll get to scanning the stuff I own, I just need a new scanner!)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:12 PM

Not to derail, but you threw it in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
I swear I'll get to scanning the stuff I own, I just need a new scanner!
You own Rage of the Dragons, so I'm looking forward to that! Rage of the Dragons is a soundtrack I've always been somewhat enamored with, so I'd love to know more about it. Anyway, nice to see someone interested in contributing scans.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:37 PM

Both Myrkul and Secret Squirrel have requested that I add scans from my (meager) collection over my time here. I have submitted a few things, but my scanners have never been very good, they're always second hand, or the color balance is off.

And I always find the weirdest stuff. Nobody else seems to admit they own this, for example...

If I recall correctly, Rage of the Dragons contains a simple two page insert with a tracklist. There really isn't much to the liner notes.

Last edited by Foxhack; Feb 13, 2012 at 09:40 PM.