VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:33 AM

Overall good soundtrack but man, it feels a bit unfocused. Maybe it's because of the silly ammount of composers on it.. Maybe it's because I miss the masterpiece that is the Tekken Tag Soundtrack where Akitaka Tohyama, Yu Miyake, Nobuyoshi Sano and Keiichi Okabe took the main stage.

Some highlights include:
Karma by Akitaka Tohyama
Dust thins out by Keiichi Okabe
Dust comp by Keiichi Okabe
Virtual stroke by Keiichi Okabe
YUKI by Yoshihito Yano
Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:49 PM

Wow, this is pretty awful. :\

I guess I lament not ever having heard Tekken Tag if Miyake and Sano were on it. It has to be better than this. Even Saso, Kaneda, and Abe's tracks fell far short of my expectations. Sakimoto and Hosoe's were adequate, and even Kudo's tracks were half-decent (despite his obvious lifting of Sakimoto's style). But as for the "main" composers--the dreadful quartet of Hamamoto, Takada, Okabe, and Nakamura--it's time Namco Bandai either delegate these guys to engineering work or start hiring freelance.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:34 AM

i think Okabe did a great job, the others... less so.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:23 PM
VGMdb Advisor

On the discs, the catalog number ends with "-discnumber". Should we maybe make the catalog for this release "SRIN-1068-1~3" because of this?
Old Jul 2, 2011, 02:29 AM

so after some tracks for this ost, sakimoto is doing the music for the animated movie tekken blood vengeance
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:59 AM
VGMdb Staff

All musicians of Czech Film Orchestra were written in surname/given name pattern - Tomšíčková Jitka instead of Jitka Tomšíčková. I've changed to our usual given name/surname form in the notes section, but for assigned artists... not yet. At times like this I wish the multiple deletion option was available
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You don't actually have to delete any of them. Just paste the new name into the Name/Alias field of the linked or assigned artist list, and don't forget to mark the apply checkboxes, and then submit.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:07 AM
VGMdb Staff

I know that, it's just easier to enter correct (part of) string in the performers field:

Vladimír Frank, David Šroubek, Romana Zieglerová, Adéla Vondráčková, Miluše Kaudersová, Simona Hurníková, Jana Fousková, Jarmila Hadrabová, Radim Šisler, Aleš Fiala, Vlastimil Zeman, Eva Nedomová, Radek Křižanovsky, Pavel Kutman, Marta Hajšmanová, Rimma Kotmelová, Martin Sekyra, Hana Kutmanová, Marek Toman, Josef Božka, Jaroslav Háje, Lenka Kolářová, Karel Untermuller, Marek Jiřícek, Jiří Richter, Jan Mareček, Zuzana Pešková, Milena Germrotová, Ondřej Kameš, Markéta Sádecká, Petr Malíšek, Radomír Širc, Petr Houdek, Petra Malíšková, Marek Novák, Hana Hamplová, Dalibor Tkadlčík, Tadeáš Mesany, Marcel Šindelář, Jirí Vopálla, Robert Heger, Lenka Cmelová, David Prošek, Jitka Tomšíčková, František Bláha, Kamil Doležal, Jaroslav Kubita, Martin Petrák, Milan Bašta, Michal Némec, Jan Řeřicha, Tomáš Secký, Jiří Lisý, Jiří Špaček, Jaroslav Secký, Pavel Čermák, Jiří Přibyl, Petr Čihák, Lumír Maryška, Miroslav Sekera, Hana Jouzová, Jiří Svoboda, David Řehoř, Jan Pištota, Juko Honda

and assign the artists, than to change the names one by one in already assigned artist fields.