VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 12, 2019, 06:34 AM
VGMdb Administrator

So, I know you put a lot of work into these submissions, but I think some of these vocal albums ride the line of our scope boundaries. It's really just a pop vocal for a tv drama. It may source from a manga, but I get a feeling that everything in Japan has its origins in manga because it's so widespread in the culture.

In this case, there's not even a big anime based on the manga, so there isn't a chance that this will be interesting to an enthusiastic fan of an anime.

I guess that ultimately I'm worried that we are getting too diluted here. I am not an expert in this field, so I worry that there may be hundreds of thousands of vocal albums for movies and tv shows that spun off from manga, and if we allow all that, we are just a jpopdb with some vgm and anime albums included.