VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:47 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Same as this one, right? http://vgmdb.net/album/40051

Any differences in the notes worth carrying over?

EDIT:

02:02 <+falk> an overzealous fan basically did his own take on ATS soundtrack and I didn't notice prior to doing my own entry
02:02 <+falk> his notes are basically all a hodgepodge of gathered information rather than official 'liner notes' (as far as a digital album release goes)
02:03 <+falk> like for example, the album title is "Sonic After the Sequel Original Sound Track"
02:03 <+falk> there's absolutely no reason for the '13 to be in there
02:03 <+falk> some track lengths are wrong
02:03 <+falk> portions of liner notes are completely wrong

Well I guess I'll keep this one then.

Last edited by CHz; Jun 21, 2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:11 AM

Yeah, sorry about that. To elaborate a little more, the differences came from a non-final version of the OST release making it out of our immediate stewardship, and my failure to properly check or communicate regarding existing vgmdb entries.

Thanks !!!!! for your effort and interest in this album/project.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
02:02 <+falk> an overzealous fan basically did his own take on ATS soundtrack and I didn't notice prior to doing my own entry
02:02 <+falk> his notes are basically all a hodgepodge of gathered information rather than official 'liner notes' (as far as a digital album release goes)
02:03 <+falk> like for example, the album title is "Sonic After the Sequel Original Sound Track"
02:03 <+falk> there's absolutely no reason for the '13 to be in there
02:03 <+falk> some track lengths are wrong
02:03 <+falk> portions of liner notes are completely wrong
How insulting... Sorry I contributed

On an unrelated note I believe a few composer tags should be changed/added:
-Track 4-06 is also a remix of Collision Chaos "P" Mix composed by Masafumi Ogata
-Track 4-08 is also a remix of STH2 Mystic Cave Zone (2P) composed by Masato Nakamura
-Track 4-17 STH3 Angel Island from my knowledge is not a confirmed MJ composed song and should be credited as SEGA or Sonic 3 Sound Team or all of the artists included in that game's credits

Last edited by !!!!!; Jun 21, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:50 AM

Well, literally right up till the point I posted, we literally had -no- idea who sonicats13 was and it was utterly bizarre to find a youtube channel with an upload of the non-final soundtrack. For example Wolf Rayet and Red Moon both were faded differently in the final release. I didn't know it was you, especially considering the fact you've contacted me in the past before. :P

Track 4-06 and -08 are a bit of an extremely gray area. While Lava Powerhouse Remix was always intended to be a Lava Powerhouse remix, these two were primarily supposed to be remixes of the zone themes, with cameos included that could pretty much have been from any Sonic game. While the ratio of musical nodding does toe the line, as does Mr Lange's soundcloud descriptions refer to them as remixes, the fact that the intention was slightly different put them in the same class as Green Hill being in HHZ3, Lava Reef in RRZ2 or Ice Cap in HHZ Special.

I definitely don't want due credit to go uncredited though, so I'll discuss this with Mr Lange again and we'll figure out what we want to do.

4-17 is an inside joke that probably went a little too far out of bounds. I generally left all S3&K credits empty since most people already know the whole story regarding the ambiguity behind that particular soundtrack (e.g. 3-20) but Sonic 3 Sound Team gets that point across better. If we do need to release a revision, the mp3/flac tags will change along with the vgmdb entry. Otherwise it'd probably be better to leave the vgmdb entry consistent with the release, bad jokes and all.