VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 18, 2016, 09:54 AM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album
Default Input needed for Castlevania CD packaging

Greetings, greetings!

So I am in the process of selecting the packaging for the upcoming Castlevania CD I've been working on, and wanted to take into consideration the perspective of fans as to what form of material they generally prefer. I'd also like to know if any particular types of packaging absolutely drive any of you bonkers, because for me these days, several of the form factors like jewel cases bother me due to the space they take up, tray inserts, potential for cracked cases etc....

Cost is another factor for me right now, I did digipaks last time, but these are costlier, even though I like them. I am mostly considering either sleeves, wallets, or slim jewels. My preference now is for wallets since they still fold, and can have both interior and exterior design.

But here are the options I have available right now.

Digipaks
Soft Spot (like a digipak, but has that soft black rubber-like material in the center to keep from damaging cd)
Jewel Cases (Heavier, and expensive to ship in bulk to me)
Slim Jewels
Green Sleeves / Mailers (think maybe the Castlevania SOTN preorder bonus sampler, or MGS preorder soundtrack. No folds, just slide it in)
Wallets (They fold and you slide the CD in)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Jazz Paladin; Mar 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM.