VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 6, 2009, 03:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Little help? :-)

EDIT: Thanks, Blah!

Last edited by Liontamer; May 6, 2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old May 6, 2009, 03:35 AM

Shouldn't this be classified as a doujin rather than an official release? Also, Koji Kondo didn't work on Link's Awakening. (edit: beat me to it!)

Nice, Abfuku - I love his music, but I had no idea he'd been releasing anything on doujins. The demo reel sounds pretty good, too.

Last edited by Blitz Lunar; May 6, 2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 01:58 PM

Default How to Purchase This Album?...

Does anyone know how I can purchase this CD?-- I live in the United States. The album's page at http://ddby.jp/cd08.html does not seem to have a link to buy it. I also ran this page through Yahoo! Babelfish and couldn't find any way to buy it. If it's something that could only be purchased in Japan I may be willing to pay someone to buy it and ship it to me (paying shipping costs and paying for the trouble of buying it and sending it to me.). Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:55 PM

All of Bizen's non-Touhou discs seem to be event only. So going to M3-23 was the only way to get it. You'll have to hold out for a used copy to pop up on Yahoo or pirate it.

It sucks because I too would have liked a copy. Link's Awakening is my all-time favorite Zelda.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:57 PM

Zorbfish, thanks for the information. Those Japanese artists love tempting us with their samples eh! If I manage to get a hold of it I'll let you know (I can just sense a debate about 'sharing files' occurring...)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 02:06 PM

Sadly this is limiting people to appreciate and acknowledge his work.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:02 PM

I really want to get this CD so I can add it to my radio station, World Zelda Music Radio. I guess this is the problem I'm going to end up running in to when searching for rare Zelda songs.

I also wonder why just only having this CD available at an event and not online. Having an artist's songs on a radio station will mean more recognition for the artist himself.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Link View Post
I really want to get this CD so I can add it to my radio station, World Zelda Music Radio. I guess this is the problem I'm going to end up running in to when searching for rare Zelda songs.

I also wonder why just only having this CD available at an event and not online. Having an artist's songs on a radio station will mean more recognition for the artist himself.
I've got it...
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:41 AM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
VGMdb Administrator

They do say that was his role in the game*, but it's not true that none of his compositions are in the game, as Totaka's Song and an arrangement of Kaeru no Tame ni's main theme are in LA. Totaka should stay on OCR's album at least.

*: Although I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a minor compositional role too. That or Hamano and/or Ishikawa are good at sounding like him.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:05 AM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:43 PM

Default 赤茶虫 Transliteration

Does anyone know how to go about transliterating 赤茶虫? I understand from Google Translate it would be "Hazel Insect", but I'm wondering if that's fully correct and, irregardless, how it would just by written in Romaji.