VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 1, 2014, 09:05 AM
VGMdb Administrator

What's the story on this being pulled from distribution? If it is just out of print, then I don't think we should mark it as recalled, which is used for the case where they recall a physical album and send out new copies.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 01:19 PM

Well, it was only ever a digital release, so "out of print" would be sort of a misnomer. It was available digitally 2007-2009 and then removed from circulation without explanation. Since one of the seven albums is still available, it seems that there must have been some rationale for pulling the others that we're not privy to, perhaps along the lines of the Duke Nukem digital release from Humble Bundle.

But if you think "out of print" is a better description of the circumstance, I can see that too. My primary concern was establishing that these albums are no longer available to purchase, after all.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

These albums have been available for years, out of print sounds more fair.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 09:43 PM
VGMdb Staff

Even if albums are digital, nobody can expect them to be available 'forever' imho...
OOP is an unfortunate expression here but would be more appropriate anyway.

Maybe just some shop links and OOP checkbox would be better...
I've added several Amazon ones.

btw off-topic: is it finally time for (mainly) US Amazon links to become visible again?

...this little shop still has some of these albums (or so it seems) but mp3 purchase is limited to the USA so I wouldn't know what's the deal.
http://www.davesmusicmine.com/Artist/1054615

Last edited by Efendija; Feb 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 05:58 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
btw off-topic: is it finally time for (mainly) US Amazon links to become visible again?[/url]
I'm sending a PM to blah soon, so I'll ask him about this too.