VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 14, 2024, 09:13 AM

Should "KAMEN RIDER GEATS ALL MUSIC GRAND PRIX" be an alternate title for this? It's on the front and top.

The slipcase doesn't have the copyright info on the lower right corner of what is currently the display image. I can crop my image and submit that for the display image if you want.

The boxset's book is bound, being about 60 pages, so I'm not going to get scans of the interior. There are no liner notes for the individual albums in their jewel cases. All credits are found in the boxset's book.

Regarding the tray for the TV OST (discs 1-2), I had to use backlight correction to get the DGP image to show up, so the coloring is way off. Without backlight correction, it scans as a solid black image.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 09:52 AM
Trusted Editor

The same copyright information is present in other areas like the back, so your scan can be the default and the image be set to "Digital".
(BTW I would recommend scanning all sides of the slipcase vertically rather than horizontally, there's a light at the side for more than one of them.)
Old Jan 14, 2024, 03:22 PM

Cropped image uploaded.

I'm guessing the "light" you're referring to is the right edge. I think that's just a reflection caused by the light on the bar (or whatever that part is called) that does the scanning. I'm not sure how it could be eliminated. Wouldn't rotating what's being scanned simply move that reflected edge to a different side?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 03:32 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqthourne View Post
Cropped image uploaded.

I'm guessing the "light" you're referring to is the right edge. I think that's just a reflection caused by the light on the bar (or whatever that part is called) that does the scanning. I'm not sure how it could be eliminated. Wouldn't rotating what's being scanned simply move that reflected edge to a different side?
Depends on the surface, but it's better if it comes from the top or the bottom than either side.