VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:13 PM

I want to buy this soundtrack, if anyone knows where to get it please let me know, thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Dominus, please use the marketplace for this purpose. We don't mind the occasional post like this, but you've made 4 threads with the same content.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 05:04 AM

You can quite often buy it on allegro.pl - it was included with many editions of polish version of Icewind Dale II.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 05:06 AM

Oops. That was meant to go under the Icewind Dale II request.

Shadows Over Riva I haven't seen for quite some time. If you don't mind incomplete version, though, then just go and buy the game - it is very common and it does contain most of the tracks as CD audio.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Dominus, please use the marketplace for this purpose.
Couldn't mods always move such posts to the marketplace? This would prevent follow ups to spawn at the wrong place as well...
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We don't actually have a marketplace forum to where we can move posts. We've just got the marketplace. I guess someone could post buy/sell lists in a thread in the off-topic forum, but I'd think the marketplace would work better.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:43 AM

Marketplace doesn't help all that much, IMHO:

1) It is of little use if I know where to get a CD but can't be bothered to sell it myself.

2) I don't know about you, but myself I am intimidated by the sheer number of posts - it just seems too much work to go through that list, particularly if I don't really want to sell any of my CDs. A Marketplace forum where a person would post his want list in one place, and which would make it easy to notice changes, would be much easier to navigate.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Actually, the 2nd point is kind of covered. If you already have a sale list and a buy list, there's a notification panel that will show up on the main marketplace page that lists all of your "intersections", or albums on your wantlist and someone else's sell list and albums on your sell list and someone else's wantlist.

You're right about the first point.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Actually, the 2nd point is kind of covered. If you already have a sale list and a buy list
That's the problem - "If you already have a sale list and a buy list": I don't have either: I don't sell CDs from my collections except in very rare cases where I have multiple items (and even then it is usually not worth the bother) and I don't have a want list per se (if I see something I like, I buy it, but there are very few items that I actively search for). Which pretty much excludes me from Marketplace as it stands now, because it is pretty much impossible to follow its changes. The "classical" approach with a dedicated buy/sell subforum is much more useful in this aspect, as changes are immediately marked as "new posts". Also, it allows discussion of the items, including e.g. informing the buyer of a shop that still carried his CD.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 05:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We could use a marketplace subforum. If anything it'd complement our marketplace feature since currently there's no way to attach comments or discussions to lists or items.