VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 19, 2020, 08:08 AM

Im unsure how this type of album is built. Can the plastic case be replaced? Is there any kind of glueing between the paper part and the case? I havent looked at detailed photos so i dont know if i can swap a damaged case with a cheap case from any other pop single i can buy for as cheap as possible.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:03 PM

If it's anything like the mini CDs I've had (like Makafushigi Adventure) then the tray is adhered to the inside of the cardboard artwork, forcing me to settle for a crappy phone capture rather than a good scan.

I thought you already knew this.

How does yours look like? Did someone barbarically snap the tray in half a.k.a. follow the instructions?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:18 PM

I thought I knew, but I saw photos of this type of pack which have a reflection of some sort, leading me to believe they come in a plastic case instead of a paper case that is glued to a piece of white plastic. Unless it's just an additional case put on top of it. Photos don't show the back or anything else, so it's hard to judge accurately.

Hopefully that's what it is. My brain is not ready to handle the existence of a variant for these mini cd albums.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:34 PM

It's the standard packaging for singles in Japan. There's a hard plastic part in the center which is adhered to the cardboard back, and that cardboard bit continues over the top to form the spine and down to form the front flap.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 08:13 PM

oh, i got the items, it's in fact an additional plastic casing on top of the original casing. seems made in purpose for these japanese mini cds, it has the logo and all

only problem is that it protects the paper sleeve, which is great, but it's kept in place with small tight hinges so removing it will most likely damage the paper.

also, what a terrible design, the finger hole to remove the cd is at the top of the white plastic tray. should be on the left or right
Old Apr 5, 2020, 06:09 AM

Man, I've been really wanting to start adding Gradius (and Salamander) music to my collection, but due to the numerous amount of releases, I've been hesitant to start.

One thing I like about this one is the use of the original artwork (unlike this or that), but I'm not too keen on the medley. How does it flow?

I know I could just get this which has the artwork in the booklet: https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=104684 but can the same be said for Konami Shooting Collection and the Salamander artwork?